Cityzen Giving

blueparrot

Couldn't see this anywhere, a scheme from the club that deserves publicising and taking up, basically the club have given £5 for every Cityzen member, to distribute between 5 causes.

"Every Cityzen has been given £5 to invest in six charity football projects – run by young people for young people – that use the beautiful game to tackle difficult and damaging problems for young people today."

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/November/Cityzens-giving-launch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2 ... ing-launch</a>

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
How did we go on at the NWFA and the category for 'community'? Bet, just like Manuel, we didn't do enough in the eyes of the judges.

Do the fivers come in a cheque in the post, or what?

No you log in to the Cityzen site and the £5-00 is there and each project has a slider so you can spend a proportion on each one as you see fit,

I think I will save them the admin and donate a fiver to a charity of my own choosing.

fbloke said:
I think I will save them the admin and donate a fiver to a charity of my own choosing.
Fair enough but that will be your fiver, not theirs that they haven given you to donate.

blueparrot said:
fbloke said:
Fair enough but that will be your fiver, not theirs that they haven given you to donate.

Correct me if i'm wrong but they are asking you to become a Cityzen at £25 then donating THEIR fiver to a good cause of your choosing from a list of theirs?

fbloke said:
blueparrot said:
fbloke said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but they are asking you to become a Cityzen at £25 then donating THEIR fiver to a good cause of your choosing from a list of theirs?

But anybody with a season ticket is automatically a Cityzen member at no extra charge, so if the club are willing to donate £5 why shouldn't they choose the charities, and why would people who are already Cityzen members let that £5.00 go to waste ? Nobody is going to take up Cityzen now and donate they will already be Cityzen members.

fbloke said:
blueparrot said:
fbloke said:

*£35

I'd rather they charged me a fiver less at the start of the season and allowed me to carry on choosing how and when I give to charity but oh well, its a good gesture nonetheless and I'm sure the club will win some award for it somewhere down the line.

mansour's tow ropes said:
fbloke said:
blueparrot said:

*£35

I'd rather they charged me a fiver less at the start of the season and allowed me to carry on choosing how and when I give to charity but oh well, its a good gesture nonetheless and I'm sure the club will win some award for it somewhere down the line.

Why inflate the price and then suddenly announce this charitable donation?

I think you will find that the price of the new membership scheme has hit the numbers willing or able to stump up.

There's no way i'm interested in what is in effect a £35 levy to do what clubs used to do for free.

fbloke said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
fbloke said:

*£35

Why inflate the price and then suddenly announce this charitable donation?

I think you will find that the price of the new membership scheme has hit the numbers willing or able to stump up.

There's no way i'm interested in what is in effect a £35 levy to do what clubs used to do for free.

I don't want to get into a debate about Cityzen membership really as there are other threads on that, Maybe membership will count as income and the donations written off against FFP i suppose.
I only really posted to let all the people who are already members including all season tickets holders who didn't pay £35 they could use the fiver for the projects or leave it in the clubs hand, it's up to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.