City’s New Kits

Just bought the 1976 replica zip up top from the kitbag shop on eBay for £31.50,

View attachment 79682

Also bought the 1956 cup final top on eBay for just over £16 including postage:View attachment 79684

The jacket is £38 including discount on kitbag.com, the cup top is £31.50.

On the kitbag shop on eBay there's also a rather nice dark blue zip up for £23.41
as below, as opposed to £31 on kitbag.

View attachment 79685

Think these will hide my man curves a lot better than puma's polyester efforts!
What a great shirt that 1956 FA Cup final shirt is!

When I heard there was going to be a white/maroon away kit for next season (but majority white with maroon as the minor colour), I was envisaged something like the 1956 shirt but with the colours reversed.

That would have been a magnificent shirt.

What we’re getting isn’t as nice as what I imagined it could be.

Yes, appears we are getting an Arsenal away kit.

img_5236.jpg
Looks more like a Roma away kit

IMG_2988.jpeg

We are starting to build a very nice stable of throwback jerseys we can reference going forward and it really is long past time we got a 1956 maroon second or third shirt.

Maybe a 60th Anniversary shirt in a few years????

Marketing bullocks, but OK, let’s go with that “reference.”

;-)
The motivation or decision to do it as a whole may be, but if you look at it you can clearly see the design that makes up the shadow stripes in this year’s version is based on the turrets, it closely replicates them

The shirt as a whole is based on the 2003 design, which was in turn based on the 1983 design… but the incorporation of the turrets within the shadow stripe is a new addition, a stadium anniversary ‘Easter Egg’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.