Citzen / matchday ticket prices

BlueMoonday

Team supported
Manchester City Football Club
Has anybody noticed the home ticket prices for 2023 are obscenely expensive? Is this just a timing thing and are they likely to come down? Villa, West Ham and Leeds at home are circa £60 for an adult. I'm not in any rush to book these games at that price.

So far this calendar year tickets have typically been £30 to £45.

Anyone know if you can buy more than one ticket for a match with a Citzens membership all I can make out is family and friends but do they need to have citzens membership of some sort ..

Anyone know if you can buy more than one ticket for a match with a Citzens membership all I can make out is family and friends but do they need to have citzens membership of some sort ..
It's only one ticket per member. So if you want some for the family they'll need memberships too.

Spurs on Thursday 19th Jan.
Prices START at £68.00

Wolves on Sunday 22nd Jan.
Prices START at £58.00

I feel sorry for non-season card holders.

Also Chelsea cup game on the 8th

If you went to all 3 and bought the cheapest tickets, it would cost you approx £156.00 (i’m aware members get a discount)

Just after christmas aswell

Spurs on Thursday 19th Jan.
Prices START at £68.00

Wolves on Sunday 22nd Jan.
Prices START at £58.00

I feel sorry for non-season card holders.

Also Chelsea cup game on the 8th

If you went to all 3 and bought the cheapest tickets, it would cost you approx £156.00 (i’m aware members get a discount)

Just after christmas aswell
We can only hope the club keeps the prices of Cat C games low and continues to offer lower prices at the beginning of the season - although that will pose problems for the fans who don't have an ST and can't afford to snap up everything at once - as well as expanding the number of silvers. But if the price increases continue at this rate they'll be asking for a ton by 2025 and killing the future of the fanbase.

The club is becoming greedy like all the rest In England unfortunately, used to be good value to buy on a game by game basis in the past, not anymore unfortunately!

I looked at Everton yesterday, luckily I was/am ill so didn’t follow through.

What I couldn’t get my head around was the fact there were a noticeable number of empty seats yet they were still charging £55 for a ticket right up until the KO.

Fair enough for certain fixtures I do get that, however games such as yesterday where in fairness the atmosphere sounded crap surely dropping tickets to a more affordable level to fill said empty seats make more sense.

It’s not like they are going bust over losing a few £ on a few fixtures per season especially around christmas time.

Ticket prices are nuts this year, and still selling out. Tickets for Brighton tomorrow in CB3 are £61 adults and £33 for kids, before discount. We (2 adults and 3 kids) went to the same game last year, home v Brighton, October 22nd, Sat 3pm KO, so almost the same date and time. This year, after the member's discount we'd pay £191. Last year we paid £81 for 5 tickets for the same game, 2x £30 and 3 x £7. That's a 142% increase. It was very cheap last year, kids were £12 before discount, and we bought in July...but still. It's not eazy to go regularly any more..

Ticket prices are nuts this year, and still selling out. Tickets for Brighton tomorrow in CB3 are £61 adults and £33 for kids, before discount. We (2 adults and 3 kids) went to the same game last year, home v Brighton, October 22nd, Sat 3pm KO, so almost the same date and time. This year, after the member's discount we'd pay £191. Last year we paid £81 for 5 tickets for the same game, 2x £30 and 3 x £7. That's a 142% increase. It was very cheap last year, kids were £12 before discount, and we bought in July...but still. It's not eazy to go regularly any more..
Supply and demand I suppose. People keep paying + games selling out = prices increase year on year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.