CL draw - Basel

Cheers but I've checked with Hertz and it's ok to drive it into Switzerland (I've done it before), hopefully won't get pulled over by any local plod re passes as we'll hardly be driving many miles actually in Switzerland......
Last time I drove through Switzerland (on the way to the Monaco game last season) I got pulled at the border and made to buy a year's worth of car tax there and then. They don't miss much in Switzerland, mate.

Last time I drove through Switzerland (on the way to the Monaco game last season) I got pulled at the border and made to buy a year's worth of car tax there and then. They don't miss much in Switzerland, mate.

Cheers for heads up as well, I drove into Basel when England played Switzerland a few years ago (6 City players for England IIRC) and had no issues, will double check with Hertz again

Just read up you should have a Swiss motorway vignette for £30 if you want to use the motorways.....might stick to the back streets!

Cheers for heads up as well, I drove into Basel when England played Switzerland a few years ago (6 City players for England IIRC) and had no issues, will double check with Hertz again

Just read up you should have a Swiss motorway vignette for £30 if you want to use the motorways.....might stick to the back streets!
That's what it was, but I guess as Basel isn't far across the border you could improvise.

You could just park up in the German town that is conjoined with Basel and then get a train/tram from there?

So, what's the expectation on selling-out level for this? It probably doesn't really
I think it'll sell out around 17-18k points for this one, maybe more, so you'll struggle for one in the city end. The group game trips weren't very appealing to a lot of fans, people have plenty of time to plan this, and its easily accessible by various routes. I'm expecting this to sell out high.

Last edited by a moderator:

You are obligated to pay the freeway pass/vignette which is akin to a toll pass, everyone (Including Suisse) must pay for this - they are 40 CHF. By comparison, drive in France on any toll road and expect to pay more than that fee in less than a single day. Swiss driving laws are strictly enforced for a variety of offenses, including fixed radar - safety first

You are obligated to pay the freeway pass/vignette which is akin to a toll pass, everyone (Including Suisse) must pay for this - they are 40 CHF. By comparison, drive in France on any toll road and expect to pay more than that fee in less than a single day. Swiss driving laws are strictly enforced for a variety of offenses, including fixed radar - safety first
But you don't need the vignette if you don't use the freeway?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.