CL draw - Basel

I don’t know mate I’ve not been to Switzerland before, I only quoted 10 quid a pint after looking at some of the posts on this thread.

Taking an empty hip flask and buying a bottle of whiskey at the airport is also on my agenda.

10 quid is out a bit. A tenner is about CHF13. Typically a normal beer (in Swiss German a Stange) is about 4.50 - 5 for 0.3l (basically a half) or 6-8 for 0.5l (eine halb)

The English and Irish pubs serve some keg bitters and Guinness and are at the top end of the range.

I would only expect to pay above 10 for a beer in a club or girlie bar.

Thanks for that. Not as bad as I thought then.

On a side note we are thinking of popping over to Germany on the Wednesday, do the bars just across the border accept CHF and the bars in Basel accept the euro?

Good question, I would also like to know the answer to this

Thanks for that. Not as bad as I thought then.

On a side note we are thinking of popping over to Germany on the Wednesday, do the bars just across the border accept CHF and the bars in Basel accept the euro?

When I went a few years ago you could use Euro in Basel but they'd screw you with an unofficial exchange rate.

When I went a few years ago you could use Euro in Basel but they'd screw you with an unofficial exchange rate.
Same as when the missus is in the UK and the shops ask if her if she wants to use dollars or pounds. She sometimes forgets to say pounds and then gets the shaft with the “special” exchange rate.

Now I just pay for everything to avoid having to pay for it later, anyway.

What're the chances (if any) the return leg (07/03/2018) is moved to a different date that week?

That date is set in stone and already takes into account TV scheduling. Once confirmed all UCL dates stay the same. Only thing that can ever impact is weather causing a postponement.

Hoping City hurry up and confirm ticket details!

Last edited by a moderator:
That date is set in stone and already takes into account TV scheduling. Once confirmed all UCL dates stay the same. Only thing that can ever impact is weather causing a postponement.

Hoping City hurry up and confirm ticket details.
That was my understanding but wanted to be sure as I haven’t been to a CL match in a few years since moving away—always easier to get league or cup tickets when I come back for a visit, which have moved on occasion (****ing Sky).

Thank you and @bluesmith for confirming!

Last edited by a moderator:
City advising that payment will be taken on the 26th of Jan for Cup Scheme members.

I find it odd they couldn't wait 5 days until everyone has been paid again after Xmas, especially as the game itself isn't until March FFS.

City advising that payment will be taken on the 26th of Jan for Cup Scheme members.

I find it odd they couldn't wait 5 days until everyone has been paid again after Xmas, especially as the game itself isn't until March FFS.
How does that work.

Will you be refunded if they charge you £50 then advertise general sale at £25?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.