CL games tonight...

bayern blade said:
supercrystal7 said:
Tika taka is fine when you are creating chances. You created very little against Arsenal yesterday.

Wenger never said anything about hindsight, just that Bayern look weaker this year and are vulnerable defensively. Arsenal have a small squad for a big team and were missing most of their best players, who would have exploited Bayern's weaknesses. If Milner and Podolski can do that to Lahm (midfield Lahm that is) then you need to worry about what Ronaldo, Lavezzi, Hazard or Mess will do.

We didn't have to, we were 2-0 up. The onus was on them to come at us which they completely failed to do bar the odd occasion. Why should Bayern bother trying to create chances when they can just play out the tie ?
Like the City and Leverkusen games the tie was pretty much over after the first leg, Arsenal simply weren't capable of troubling Bayern to any worthwhile extent.

We've handled Ronaldo and Messi well enough before and the only time Podolski really troubled us he pushed Lahm over beforehand. I'm not worried about Hazard and admit I don't know who Lavezzi is. I certainly don't think the result would have been much different had the (imo) overrated Ramsay and Wilshere played, the only Arsenal player missing that I rate was Walcott.

You don't know who Lavezzi is ?!

Kippax Street 1880 said:
bayern blade said:
supercrystal7 said:
Tika taka is fine when you are creating chances. You created very little against Arsenal yesterday.

Wenger never said anything about hindsight, just that Bayern look weaker this year and are vulnerable defensively. Arsenal have a small squad for a big team and were missing most of their best players, who would have exploited Bayern's weaknesses. If Milner and Podolski can do that to Lahm (midfield Lahm that is) then you need to worry about what Ronaldo, Lavezzi, Hazard or Mess will do.

We didn't have to, we were 2-0 up. The onus was on them to come at us which they completely failed to do bar the odd occasion. Why should Bayern bother trying to create chances when they can just play out the tie ?
Like the City and Leverkusen games the tie was pretty much over after the first leg, Arsenal simply weren't capable of troubling Bayern to any worthwhile extent.

We've handled Ronaldo and Messi well enough before and the only time Podolski really troubled us he pushed Lahm over beforehand. I'm not worried about Hazard and admit I don't know who Lavezzi is. I certainly don't think the result would have been much different had the (imo) overrated Ramsay and Wilshere played, the only Arsenal player missing that I rate was Walcott.

Didn't he score against them for Napoli 2 years ago?

Kippax Street 1880 said:

No, honestly :-)

I don't really take notice of the names of players of all the big foreign clubs tbh.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:09 pm --<br /><br />
aguero93:20 said:
Didn't he score against them for Napoli 2 years ago?

Quite possibly mate, I can't remember who scored against us the other year for Fiorentina either. Unless it's an English team or a really big name player I never take much notice of who scores for the opposition individually.

bayern blade said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:

No, honestly :-)

I don't really take notice of the names of players of all the big foreign clubs tbh.
Argentinean winger/striker, very strong, very pacy, good finisher.
Played for Napoli and now at PSG, you might see him at some point this season yet.

aguero93:20 said:
Argentinean winger/striker, very strong, very pacy, good finisher.
Played for Napoli and now at PSG, you might see him at some point this season yet.

Quite possibly, I wasn't saying he must be crap, just that I don't always take notice of the opposition line up unless it's a Bundesliga or Prem side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.