CL Last 16 vs Barcelona (feb. 24 & mar. 18)

Re: CL Last 16 vs Barcelona

Prestwich_Blue said:
dekabreak said:
Just saying a few things:

The Barça we faced last season is superior to the one we'll face in February

Luis Enrique is the Spanish Moyes.

Let's hope we can get better referees than last time around. And hopefully Pellegrini isn't scared of them
Let's not forget that they beat us via a penalty that probably shouldn't have been and a late goal after we'd played with 10 men for most of the second half (and one of those was Lescott). In Barcelona we lost 2-1 and again it was a mistake from Lescott that handed them their first goal on a plate and they finished it off with another goal from Alves in injury time. All of their four goals were eminently preventable.
We looked a bit scared to express ourselves in that home leg last year. We barely created a chance when it was 11v11. I think we'll be more confident to go out and try and win this year.

LoveCity said:
Just thinking, Liverpool could have a Europa game right before we play them at Anfield depending on their scheduling. We are home to Barca before that game.
I was thinking that, an extra day's rest will help.

remember arthur mann said:
dekabreak said:

Let's hope we can get better referees than last time around. And hopefully Pellegrini isn't scared of them

Suarez !

Do you actually know how many goals saurez has scored? we all know messi is a threat, so is Sergio, they should be worried they got the toughest teamthey could have got

Silva_Spell said:
We'd have to beat at least 2 of Real, Bayern or Barca to win the thing so may as well start now

Anyone saying it's fixed should probably wonder why they would give 'UEFAlona' the best possible opposition

No Yaya could be a blessing - injuries permitting.
Because uefalona will get pen and ref assistance like usual. Geez whatever as long as messi don't hack and injure aguero again like last year i'll be happy.

KippaxCitizen said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
dekabreak said:

Let's not forget that they beat us via a penalty that probably shouldn't have been and a late goal after we'd played with 10 men for most of the second half (and one of those was Lescott). In Barcelona we lost 2-1 and again it was a mistake from Lescott that handed them their first goal on a plate and they finished it off with another goal from Alves in injury time. All of their four goals were eminently preventable.
We looked a bit scared to express ourselves in that home leg last year. We barely created a chance when it was 11v11. I think we'll be more confident to go out and try and win this year.

The tie (particularly the first leg) came at a bad time for us last season, we could have done with playing them when the draw was made. Loads of injuries and not in great form. Fingers crossed this season we will have our injured players back and be in form then we can give them a game.

Hamann Pineapple said:
So home leg between Newc (H) and Liverpool (A)

Away leg between Burnley (H) West Brom (A)
That should be Burnley (A) and West Brom (H).

kenzie115 said:
LoveCity said:
Just thinking, Liverpool could have a Europa game right before we play them at Anfield depending on their scheduling. We are home to Barca before that game.
I was thinking that, an extra day's rest will help.

Even if their not playing in Europe, you would imagine that game would be on the Sunday anyway for TV

Is it Platini himself who appoints the referee for our games against Barcelona, or is it Bartomeu?

dekabreak said:
Also if we get a good result at home we might have a good chance in the 2nd leg, they have a Clasico coming up in March

Hopefully the manager and players will have finally learned that you need to keep it tight in the first game to ensure you're still in with a chance. I'd take a 1-0 defeat at home if necessary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.