Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

Have seen this being discussed on a Rock forum I go on today. A very clever and accurate 'copy' (is that the right term for it even?)

But beyond most all being impressed by it, and the thought of further such like with other bands came up with many ideas, the thought of where this could go once the marketing bastids get their grubby mitts on it?
Bands around now (I'll not name names) where we have all seen their singers struggle through their age etc ... what's to stop them using this technology to use recordings from their past to implement on new material?

Once this was in regular use, how would we know what we was hearing as 'new' was far from it?

Would people care? Or would it be a slippery slope for an already ailing industry?
Great find. It does sound very good. Often wondered what could have been if Bon had made it to BIB and beyond. Never did take to Johnno's vox- until the last album where I thought he finally nailed it.

Anyone go and see Mr Big last week? Apparently, Eric has had vocal problems throughout the tour (very unlike him). He was way off it. Had to get a dep in to duet with him for subsequent dates.

Great find. It does sound very good. Often wondered what could have been if Bon had made it to BIB and beyond. Never did take to Johnno's vox- until the last album where I thought he finally nailed it.

Anyone go and see Mr Big last week? Apparently, Eric has had vocal problems throughout the tour (very unlike him). He was way off it. Had to get a dep in to duet with him for subsequent dates.

Yeah, a mate went and said he was terrible. Left the audience to sing a lot of it. A real shame, as in his day he had one of the best voices. This is billed as their farewell tour, so maybe one of the reasons is his problems.

A bit late for the Manc gig, but at least he has put any ego aside and got help in. Better than scrapping the tour at this time. From what I have heard of the Wolverhampton gig, his voice was better and he only needed help a few times.
Really nice guy .... wish him well.

Here's his official statement:

''Hey fine folks, Eric here ..so after these last couple shows with my voice going in and out
And struggling to keep it together ( I’m not gonna get into it ..wear and tear, work overload, voodoo doll curses etc.) I had a crazy idea that could work .
I’m bringing out my dear friend and singer Michele Luppi ( Whitesnake) to join me on stage
On these next two shows so I can get my strength back. We’ll duet on most of the tunes including the "Lean into it ‘ album , I don’t know
how this is going to work but it’s better than the alternatives and it sure would make me feel a whole hell of a lot better .
I met Michele when he was the lead singer in a famous Mr. BIG Tribute band in the 90’s (way before he joined Whitesnake as their keyboardist and background vocalist) . Weve shared the stage a few times in Italy , Michele is a great singer and one of the coolest dudes in this
Business. If you don’t know him already youre gonna love him . We pulled all this together yesterday …the band is all on board … Once in awhile my crazy ideas shine....let's get rocked''

Yeah, a mate went and said he was terrible. Left the audience to sing a lot of it. A real shame, as in his day he had one of the best voices. This is billed as their farewell tour, so maybe one of the reasons is his problems.

A bit late for the Manc gig, but at least he has put any ego aside and got help in. Better than scrapping the tour at this time. From what I have heard of the Wolverhampton gig, his voice was better and he only needed help a few times.
Really nice guy .... wish him well.

Here's his official statement:

''Hey fine folks, Eric here ..so after these last couple shows with my voice going in and out
And struggling to keep it together ( I’m not gonna get into it ..wear and tear, work overload, voodoo doll curses etc.) I had a crazy idea that could work .
I’m bringing out my dear friend and singer Michele Luppi ( Whitesnake) to join me on stage
On these next two shows so I can get my strength back. We’ll duet on most of the tunes including the "Lean into it ‘ album , I don’t know
how this is going to work but it’s better than the alternatives and it sure would make me feel a whole hell of a lot better .
I met Michele when he was the lead singer in a famous Mr. BIG Tribute band in the 90’s (way before he joined Whitesnake as their keyboardist and background vocalist) . Weve shared the stage a few times in Italy , Michele is a great singer and one of the coolest dudes in this
Business. If you don’t know him already youre gonna love him . We pulled all this together yesterday …the band is all on board … Once in awhile my crazy ideas shine....let's get rocked''

Saw Mr Big way back. Didn’t bother with this tour but I think Eric did the right thing in the circumstances rather than cancelling.

Unusual for these days but did a couple of gigs in last few days, talking of older vocalists, and was mostly impressed by their singing.

Firstly saw Judas Priest with Saxon and Uriah Heep in support.

Heep set was very short but it will be no surprise that it was a sweet one.

Saxon were a bit disappointing and way too loud. The personality in their music was lost in an HM onslaught. Biff’s vocals a bit strained.

Judas Priest were magnificent, proper HM thunder. They alter their setlist a bit each night by the look of it and we copped for a really good selection of non stop rock. Although Rob Halford looked a bit like he had escaped from a rocking chair in the flat in Only Fools and Horses and donned fancy dress, he held the limelight and demonstrated his vocal range is still impressive.

Only heard it once but the new Priest album is their best in ages. As a friend put it, it is Priest by numbers but they have great numbers. Glen Tipton even turned up for the encore.

Last night I went to Ovation, the last night of the Teenage Cancer Trust concerts. Not a fan especially but thought Paul Weller sang well. Was very impressed with Robert Plant’s vocal (well, he is my favourite singer). Roger was the weakest of those on show last night but still not doing too badly for his age and he deserves a big up for what he has done with TCT. He started these annual gigs 24 years ago and is calling it a day on organising them but 28 wards around the country is quite a legacy to leave.

Saw Mr Big way back. Didn’t bother with this tour but I think Eric did the right thing in the circumstances rather than cancelling.

Unusual for these days but did a couple of gigs in last few days, talking of older vocalists, and was mostly impressed by their singing.

Firstly saw Judas Priest with Saxon and Uriah Heep in support.

Heep set was very short but it will be no surprise that it was a sweet one.

Saxon were a bit disappointing and way too loud. The personality in their music was lost in an HM onslaught. Biff’s vocals a bit strained.

Judas Priest were magnificent, proper HM thunder. They alter their setlist a bit each night by the look of it and we copped for a really good selection of non stop rock. Although Rob Halford looked a bit like he had escaped from a rocking chair in the flat in Only Fools and Horses and donned fancy dress, he held the limelight and demonstrated his vocal range is still impressive.

Only heard it once but the new Priest album is their best in ages. As a friend put it, it is Priest by numbers but they have great numbers. Glen Tipton even turned up for the encore.

Last night I went to Ovation, the last night of the Teenage Cancer Trust concerts. Not a fan especially but thought Paul Weller sang well. Was very impressed with Robert Plant’s vocal (well, he is my favourite singer). Roger was the weakest of those on show last night but still not doing too badly for his age and he deserves a big up for what he has done with TCT. He started these annual gigs 24 years ago and is calling it a day on organising them but 28 wards around the country is quite a legacy to leave.
Thought Saxon were great in Glasgow as were Priest but thought Saxon shaded it, first night of the tour, maybe Priest wren't quite warmed up. The Priest album is excellent but Firepower was also same level, maybe the new one more consistent.
I'd rank the last 6 Saxon albums highly,probably alll in their top 10 and same for Heep their last 6 albums would also all be in a Heep top 10. Think all 3 band and all 3 vocalists live along with Glenn Hughes are the 4 vocalists,of that age, that can still smash it live.Sadly unlike Gillan and Coverdale, Ozzy.

Thought Saxon were great in Glasgow as were Priest but thought Saxon shaded it, first night of the tour, maybe Priest wren't quite warmed up. The Priest album is excellent but Firepower was also same level, maybe the new one more consistent.
I'd rank the last 6 Saxon albums highly,probably alll in their top 10 and same for Heep their last 6 albums would also all be in a Heep top 10. Think all 3 band and all 3 vocalists live along with Glenn Hughes are the 4 vocalists,of that age, that can still smash it live.Sadly unlike Gillan and Coverdale, Ozzy.

Never bought much Saxon but have started to collect more of them.

The two guys I went to Wembley with were both of the same mind about as me about Priest and Saxon.

I'll have to investigate more of the recent Heep albums: I've focused on the Byron era mainly.

Never bought much Saxon but have started to collect more of them.

The two guys I went to Wembley with were both of the same mind about as me about Priest and Saxon.

I'll have to investigate more of the recent Heep albums: I've focused on the Byron era mainly.
Start with Chaos and Colour, then work back to Sonic Origami.Some are hard to find now though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.