Clattenburg (Update p59 - not selected next weekend)

Re: Clattenburg

This aint going to go down well, but I think Clattenburg did us justice to be fair. There were two clear City fouls late in the game when we were chasing a winner that for some strange reason he ignored allowing us to remain in our stride and eventually win the game. Yes, he is a tit the way he acts like the headmaster all the time, but he could easily have justified sending off Balotelli which would have cost us the points. He bottled it BECAUSE it was Balotelli, as the Italian went barging into his opponent with his trade mark follow through!! The sending off was right, and the penalty call was also correct. We got lucky with Mario, another ref on another day and we'd have been playing with 9.

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
What I can't understand is that Clattenburg hasn't reffed United since the 6-1 and the Evans red card. We seem to get his every four games.

being foreigner I keep waiting for someone explain to me how this thing can be in the honest English football.

Mancio said:
What I can't understand is that Clattenburg hasn't reffed United since the 6-1 and the Evans red card. We seem to get his every four games.

being foreigner I keep waiting for someone explain to me how this thing can be in the honest English football.

And they will continue to ignore you because they are in denial.

blueinsa said:
manchester blue said:
He could easily have sent off Balotelli. Even I was getting wound up by his actions and was reaching for my red card. Surprised he came out in the second half frankly.

What for exactly?

Stop watching MotD, listening to the so called pundits, reading the papers and start thinking for yourself.

Balo got a joke of a yellow for an absolute nothing challenge and then got stuck in with a wonderfully timed tackle, cleanly but strongly winning the ball.

Easily sent off my arse!

Agreed re Mario's yellow card. Not a yellow in a billions years.

hgblue said:
Mancio said:

And they will continue to ignore you because they are in denial.

mmmm i'm sure they are busy right now , otherwise they cenrtainly would like to answer my question

also becouse i'm consistent enough and i'll get pleasure to repeat my question until I reach the 16k posts that rag pigeonho has reached repeating his strenuos rags defending

Referees have a tough time. One real time split second to make a decision, and more often than not, they are going to upset one set of fans. So I have some sympathy.

As fans, all be want is consistency, however reality dictates that some referees seem to favour the so called big teams, particularly when they play at home. Taggart has too much influence on referees at old scaffold.

In my opinion, Clattenburg is very inconsistent and as such courts contraversy. As much as he is described as a rag fan, I think Howard cantona Robson Webb is the best by someway.

I thought Clattenburg had a game of 2 halves yesterday.

The 1st half was very stop start because the ref set the precedent early on and neither team got into the flow.

I also felt that the players were playing the ref a bit, City trying to square up the numbers and WBA sensing that they might be able to get another one of ours sent off.

It meant that 2 footballing teams contributed to a firey and niggley half.

2nd half Clattenburg was much better, he didn't blow up as often and the game was better for it.

Had he carried on as he did in the 1st half, City might not have got the result.

Clattenburg is both biased and incompetent, of that I have no doubt. People on here trying to tell me he was even handed yesterday need a trip to specsavers. He only chilled on blowing up against us towards the end because it was getting embarrassing for him. If he had not we would have ended up commiting 80% of the fouls during the game whilst enjoying a lion's share of the possession. Regardless of the fact Mario walked a tightrope after a relatively soft yellow should have no bearing on the fact he reffed a fair game, because he did not.

Also,the fact he has still to referee a Rag game since the 6-1 is for me the eight wonder of the world when you consider he had overseen 6 of their games the season before. #suspect

To back my beliefs with some facts that he is not alone in his struggle to be fair and even handed towards us here are some fouls for and against stats amongst the teams seen to be battling for the title.

Chelsea +6 in favour of fouls for (with 3 pens 0 Dismissals)
Man Utd +12 in favour of fouls for (with 3 pens 0 Dismissals)
Arsenal +12 in favour of fouls for (with 0 pens 0 Dismissals)
Spurs +10 in favour of fouls for (with 0 pens 0 Dismissals)
Man C - 17 in favour of fouls for (with 1 pen 1 Dismissal)

We have a worse ratio in the fouls dept than Stoke for f*cks sake. Not to mention we had to deal with a phantom penalty against us and Crouch's 3 or 4 handalls before he scored, whereas the other teams shown have had to endure no such 'bad luck', I find hard to believe we are not being treated differently.

Seedy Ron said:
Clattenburg is both biased and incompetent, of that I have no doubt. People on here trying to tell me he was even handed yesterday need a trip to specsavers. He only chilled on blowing up against us towards the end because it was getting embarrassing for him. If he had not we would have ended up commiting 80% of the fouls during the game whilst enjoying a lion's share of the possession. Regardless of the fact Mario walked a tightrope after a relatively soft yellow should have no bearing on the fact he reffed a fair game, because he did not.

Also,the fact he has still to referee a Rag game since the 6-1 is for me the eight wonder of the world when you consider he had overseen 6 of their games the season before. #suspect

To back my beliefs with some facts that he is not alone in his struggle to be fair and even handed towards us here are some fouls for and against stats amongst the teams seen to be battling for the title.

Chelsea +6 in favour of fouls for (with 3 pens 0 Dismissals)
Man Utd +12 in favour of fouls for (with 3 pens 0 Dismissals)
Arsenal +12 in favour of fouls for (with 0 pens 0 Dismissals)
Spurs +10 in favour of fouls for (with 0 pens 0 Dismissals)
Man C - 17 in favour of fouls for (with 1 pen 1 Dismissal)

We have a worse ratio in the fouls dept than Stoke for f*cks sake. Not to mention we had to deal with a phantom penalty against us and Crouch's 3 or 4 handalls before he scored, whereas the other teams shown have had to endure no such 'bad luck', I find hard to believe we are not being treated differently.

we are a team really foul. what a shame.

The cookie monster said:
jimharri said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
2 tackles that were highlighted on match of the day.Then back chatting the ref.Dissent is a yellow so he was a lucky boy.
Kompany had to usher him away once during play, and didn't Barry do something similar as the players were coming off at HT as well?
It was joe hart jim at half time.

Joe Hart and Richards shuffled him away from Clattenburg - watching that was painful, you could see Mario was so close to tipping point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.