Clean Sheets

blue b4 the moon said:
Just remember zonal marking at set pieces never works....
Haha. Yeah, this is my biggest pet hate... and i have many pet hates! Best defence in the country for 3 years and the least goals conceded from set pieces in that time. Zonal marking OUT!

MCFCSFC said:
Would this be Hart's third Golden Glove award on the bounce?

Just wished the striker's were on same form as last season.

4th I think! Sure he won it at Birmingham too.

citytillidie24 said:
MCFCSFC said:

Did he? I thought I read that he is on course for his 3rd on the bounce now.

MCFCSFC said:
citytillidie24 said:
MCFCSFC said:

Did he? I thought I read that he is on course for his 3rd on the bounce now.

No it will be his 3rd, as if Birmingham would have kept the most clean sheets in the league lol.

Funnily enough, we didn't keep the most last season, Utd did. They just kept switching keepers every few games so Hart obviously as an individual kept the most.

He got in the team of the year while it at Birmingham if that's what your getting mixed up with? The only City player that did that season and didn't play a single game for us haha.

Tricky_Trev said:
blue b4 the moon said:
Just remember zonal marking at set pieces never works....
Haha. Yeah, this is my biggest pet hate... and i have many pet hates! Best defence in the country for 3 years and the least goals conceded from set pieces in that time. Zonal marking OUT!

Totally agree. It's symptomatic of the lazy, cliche spouting "analysis" by various studio pundits that on the rare occasions we concede a goal from a set piece the "zonal marking doesn't work line" is trotted out without any dissenting voices.

Anyone else think we have one of the best defenses in Europe? Not saying the best but u could make a strong argument for us to be that.. I mean obviously the best in england, I think we're better than barcas and are probably deeper than them as well. I think only juve/Madrid/Bayern could make a case to be better than ours

Much better than Barca.. their last game was first clean sheet after 13 games but it was the game where they had 72% possession and Deportivo haven't manage to have a single shot on target.

Their defence is average one at best and would concede loads of goals if they don't have so much possession up the pitch.

City definitely have one of the best defences in Europe, I'd say only Bayern and Juventus are better though we haven't showed it when playing in Europe, lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.