Clichy

M24-CRC said:
Jumanji said:
He wasn't even bad at Arsenal. He was the scapegoat for a poor back line.

He wasn't great at the offside trap though. That system really didn't suit him. When he played Villa onside in the CL, I think the Arse fans had had enough.

-- Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:34 am --

jellert said:
Yesterday he was playing oustanding. Just wanted to say that.....
I agree. They never got a sniff on his side.

Are you serious????

All of chelseas best attacks (albeit not many) in the first half came down our left side with Ramires.......Clichy seems to escape much criticism because most seem to prefer him to Kolarov

This happened because De jong drifts to the right and YaYa was covering the left byt he obviously pushes further forward which when they broke left Clichy a little exposed, this was the reason Barry was brought on imo. and it obviously worked.

Jumanji said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
anyone see the disagreement between him PLatt and Mancini when we were 1 nil down? (Sorry to be negative)
Didn't notice. What happened?

Hard to see from my seat but Clichy was on the flank and seemed to go over to Mancini and Platt and have a little argument, looked frustrated. Lasted all of 2 seconds so no biggie but was wondering if anyone closer to it could see what it was about

inchy14 said:
M24-CRC said:
Jumanji said:
He wasn't even bad at Arsenal. He was the scapegoat for a poor back line.

He wasn't great at the offside trap though. That system really didn't suit him. When he played Villa onside in the CL, I think the Arse fans had had enough.

-- Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:34 am --

I agree. They never got a sniff on his side.

Are you serious????

All of chelseas best attacks (albeit not many) in the first half came down our left side with Ramires.......Clichy seems to escape much criticism because most seem to prefer him to Kolarov

This happened because De jong drifts to the right and YaYa was covering the left byt he obviously pushes further forward which when they broke left Clichy a little exposed, this was the reason Barry was brought on imo. and it obviously worked.

fair point........but does this not happen to Kolarov too then ???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.