Clichy

mancity1

Has been reported on the OS as saying we have lacked spirit/mental strength at times this year.

Good on him for saying what we all know has been lacking in our performances this season.

The mental side of the game can never be underestimated.

I trust his candid assessment of some our performances doesn't land him in hot water.

Gael is the best Left Back we have had for years and is as honest as they come. On a side note, I've just watched Inside City 55 and the thing that struck me was what a genuinely affable guy he is. I know a lot of the team were there but he stood out as the guy that had the most time for the kids as well as the most interest in their illness. Top bloke and a bargain at 6 million !

The Ox said:
Gael is the best Left Back we have had for years and is as honest as they come. On a side note, I've just watched Inside City 55 and the thing that struck me was what a genuinely affable guy he is. I know a lot of the team were there but he stood out as the guy that had the most time for the kids as well as the most interest in their illness. Top bloke and a bargain at 6 million !

He was alright today ..... but played one dodgy long back-pass in the second half that had Hart scrambling , and he almost got caught by a Newcastle player whilst playing his way out of defence again ...... he's a good player , but needs to concentrate more.

The Ox said:

Enjoy his interviews and he gets fewer than most.

Most of them resort to cliches ( pardun the pun ) too quickly and too often but their is a bit more to his responses that go at least someway beyond the obvious and the veil so to speak.

black mamba said:
The Ox said:

He was alright today ..... but played one dodgy long back-pass in the second half that had Hart scrambling , and he almost got caught by a Newcastle player whilst playing his way out of defence again ...... he's a good player , but needs to concentrate more.

That you, Roberto?

The Ox said:

Come on, don't you listen to Arsenal fans, he's awful (just like every other player that they sell)!

The clichy appreciation thread

Ever since he signed for the club he has been superb. Defensively solid and gets up and down the left flank all game long. He rarely makes mistakes but when he does he doesn't let it knock his confidence. He is also a top pro and his attitude comes close to that of zaba and vinnie. But yet he doesn't seem to get many plaudits despite being, in my opinion, the best left back in the league and one of the very best in the world and played a major part last season for us. He deserves far more credit than he gets especially considering he often has no cover when Nasri is playing in front of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.