Cliff Richard's home being searched by police.....

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The BBC, corporate enablers to child rapists in the 1970's, have got a fucking nerve.
One taxpayer funded public service blackmailing another is jaw droppingly awful if true. Although an improvement in BBC behaviour all the same.

Blue Mist said:
tidyman said:
The police are banging on about this deal they did with the BBC.

A deal is normally an agreement where both parties stand to gain something from a mutual arrangement.

I'm struggling to see how the police benefitted in return for allowing the BBC in on the raid?

They told Vaz and his cronies that the BBC threatened to go public before the raid unless they were allowed access. (they had prior warning because a bent cop tipped them off) so they benefitted from the deal by the Beeb staying quiet.

Yes I laughed as well when I heard it.

So Ryan Giggs can silence the worlds media for months on end, to stop them reporting on who the latest bit of skirt he's banging.

But the police force can't stop the BBC from potentially compromising a major sex crime investigation, without resorting to offering them a sweetener?

What a strange set up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.