Climate Change is here and man made

Methane is 25-28 times more potent as a greenhouse gas than CO2, and it’s the second most common greenhouse gas at 16% of the total of all greenhouse gases (CO2 is 76%).

It does occur naturally, but a gigantic store of the Earth’s methane is locked in polar ice. 60bn tonnes of methane is locked in the Arctic ice alone (with 560bn tonnes of carbon also locked in there). So as the Earth warms and that melts (Greenland alone loses 6 Olympic size swimming pools of melted ice as water every second), the more methane (and carbon) is released.

Also, as non-saline ice melts into saline waters, the less saline the oceans become and the cooler the oceans become. As the oceans lose warmth and salinity, their currents slow (which comes with huge problems itself away from greenhouse gases!). Also more methane is released from ocean floors (where it is also locked) the cooler oceans become.

Livestock farming (which does produce a lot of CO2 and another potent greenhouse gas, nitrous oxide) also creates a huge amount of methane from cattle eructation. It’s estimated that 40% of the Earth’s released methane comes from livestock farming.

There are innovations to capture the eructed methane producing ruminants from cattle, but the technology is decades behind where it needs to be. As I’ve said before, it’s all good us all saying things like “human ingenuity will come up with solutions”, but the solutions aren’t backed by governments or by enough investment to make a difference, and climate change is moving ever further away.

Reducing meat consumption will be the quickest way to reducing this from livestock but how much of the world will do that?
Technically water vapour is the most abundant greenhouse gas. It has a positive effect on our climate as opposed to the 'traditional' greenhouse gasses talked about in relation to climate change.

I know I can learn from experienced converts such as your self fode.

Happy for you to teach me how you continue to handle yours with aplomb.

I would have thought that you would not yet be ready for retirement from non computer contact yet although your record post per second count would suggest you have.

I figure the rest of the day you spend on face book and twitter.

Seeing you have to ask let me put it simply to a simpleton.

He is one of your patsies but unlike you a miserable vile one who again unlike you says nothing any topic other than spouting the usual attacks on the poster he chooses to attack personally to attract attention to himself pure and simple.

he is as woke as one can get but as addicted as you are to the keyboard ( based on your past 10 months on this forum alone ) you will have difficulty spouting as much dross and personal attack for no other reason that to engage his moral superiority as this bloke has in the time he has been on here.

He only appears as a laggard after he searches the internet for the next pointless cut and paste and then disappears for a little while to see what happens.

he cannot think for himself unlike you and in truth is jealous of you and fog and couple of others in the mob on the political threads.

don't get me wrong he is fine on the match day forums IMO but on this forum he is waste of bandwidth and he sure uses up stacks more than anybody else in between rounds of golf.

As vile as you can be when it comes to trying to shut down differing views that often in truth are not so different at least you have some substance to your responses and have a sense of humour.

This bloke but me on ignore a while ago but hangs off the coat tails on every post of yours and fogs because he cant get to 100k of absolute condescending dross.

if not for the likes of Bigga and Chippy and a few others he would have no meaning to his life on here so I suppose I might hang around for a little while at least god willing just to give him meaning.

Perhaps its time he places me on his reply list again (LOL).

the simpleton that he is still thinks I am a fan of Trump and because of that he has to do what he does.

He almost single handed keeps the ghost of Trump alive and anybody who looks behind the veil of deception he attempts to portray knows he a closet Trump fan or a best fixated by the bloke because he probably wishes he was Trump.

Fine line between pleasure and pain as they say.
I'm confused now. Who you talking about?

The Sun is not fit for purpose. We should get another that'll give us a perfect 19ºC every day, and I demand we pay more tax until it happens. Or pay some billionaires to organise a better thermostat for this one. The point is - this millenia long, fluctuating temperature problem is not going away without funds.

The Sun is not fit for purpose. We should get another that'll give us a perfect 19ºC every day, and I demand we pay more tax until it happens. Or pay some billionaires to organise a better thermostat for this one. The point is - this millenia long, fluctuating temperature problem is not going away without funds.
It’s in hand. Just waiting on the patent.

There are innovations to capture the eructed methane producing ruminants from cattle, but the technology is decades behind where it needs to be. As I’ve said before, it’s all good us all saying things like “human ingenuity will come up with solutions”, but the solutions aren’t backed by governments or by enough investment to make a difference, and climate change is moving ever further away.
Well yeah. Big corporations always love to promote personal responsibility because they know it's basically a licence to carry on doing what they always have. Carbon footprint wasn't invented by BP, but they spent a massive amount of money popularising it through advertising campaigns while expanding their own drilling operations and carbon output worldwide.

It's the same with plastic recycling where everyone's asked to wash out their yoghurt pots and make sure they put everything in the correct bin to just be sent to Malaysia and burned or dumped anyway. Meanwhile absolutely zero effort is put into forcing the people with any power to do anything to change their products. You know for a fact that within five minutes of the packaging sector being forced to pay to clean up the shit they produce, their entire R&D budget would be dedicated to making packaging that didn't fuck up the planet. But no, let's just focus on individual responsibility, because everyone was using reusable bags before they started charging for plastic ones, right?

The capitalist system is absolutely fantastic at coming up with solutions to problems, but it doesn't do it if it doesn't have to. You have to make it worth their while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.