Closest/cheapest car park for Family stand?

City of Troy

Team supported
Man City
Morning gents

Sorry if it has been asked before but what would be your car park of choice closest to the family stand?

Always parked in the blue regardless of what stand we have sat in but my youngest lad done his knee ligaments yesterday and don't fancy him walking up the big hill on mercer way next week, plus with us now getting SC I don't fancy paying a tenner a game or whatever it is now.

Don't mind waiting around for them to clear either as we always stay behind or find something else to do whilst traffic calms down.

Thanks guys

Mercer Way has/had a shuttle service for unsteady walkers.

Drop him off on Alan T Way if he's old enough or has someone to stand with him while you park up somewhere.

Mercer Way has/had a shuttle service for unsteady walkers.

Drop him off on Alan T Way if he's old enough or has someone to stand with him while you park up somewhere.

That's not a bad idea.

To be honest though if there is a cheaper/better alternative I wont mind making that my regular spot to go.

That's not a bad idea.

To be honest though if there is a cheaper/better alternative I wont mind making that my regular spot to go.
Depends on your arrival time but when I drive I usually street park on Grimshaw Ln but I passed there this week and some building work has been going on so that may need a re-think or a move behind the Vermilion restaurant area just a bit further up.

If happy to pay between there and the Fire Station there's lots of £6? Mini car parks.

ASDA ( free 4 hours) if you fancy going shopping after the match.Allowing the bottle neck to calm down.

ASDA ( free 4 hours) if you fancy going shopping after the match.Allowing the bottle neck to calm down.
Is it free on match days for that long?

Im happy to get a can of Coke before and after the game from them and leave it there if so.

a friend done similar on McDonald’s years ago and I’m sure he got stung after 90mins

Is it free on match days for that long?

Im happy to get a can of Coke before and after the game from them and leave it there if so.

a friend done similar on McDonald’s years ago and I’m sure he got stung after 90mins
McDonald's definitely have a parking fine system but ASDA stopped the 2hr time limit a couple of seasons back. I park there every game never had a problem. On occasions if you exit towards the cycle centre the traffic is bearable too.

McDonald's definitely have a parking fine system but ASDA stopped the 2hr time limit a couple of seasons back. I park there every game never had a problem. On occasions if you exit towards the cycle centre the traffic is bearable too.

Never knew that, thought it was a 90 min limit, enforced by CCTV ?

I park at Sheffield Street too!

Been a while but I think you have to Pay by App now: can't find anything that allows you to pre-book online.

We'll see when we roll up 8 days time!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.