Club Badge (merged)

I'm not worried or upset about the loss of "FC", however, personally I would have "Manchester City" all along the top. I get though why some would like "FC" or football club included both from a visual persepctive and/or a professional type stand point, for lack of a better term. It's not a worry of people forgetting we're a football club, that's silly, but it does give a more business type impression. Which of course we ultimately are but it does add instant recognition to the sport when included.

Some want the rose, ship etc for historical purposes and others wanted them for visual purposes. Same for the "football club". I must admit it does look better to me with "football club at the bottom but I don't need it there for identity purposes. I understand the idea of 'branding', like how the Premier League won't be the Barclay's Premier League for much longer; they want an NFL/MLB type branding.

I could take or leave the FC on this badge, centre the name then of course, add 2 more "lines" under the ship and it's sorted imo. Though I'd like a less comic sans type ship.

OldBadge.png

That's a great badge.

Not everyone knows that Manchester City means a football club .... most people in the world will think its a city in England. we know as City fans and football fans what it is obviously. to someone that knows nothing about football in the world, it doesnt say that ... to them them its the city's emblem for all they know! it has nothing on it that even suggests that its football related. at least the rags have footballs on theirs. Perfect for City fans, ambiguous for non-football fans . So for fans (on various social media) to say its not needed at all is a tad arrogant and stupid.

Last edited:
Anyone with an eye to design and contemporary branding can see it is a very dated shade of white. It would have served the club far better to have had a hogs bristle shade to Accentuate the letters so they explode out from the badge a little more.

I think also the font shows a very 2011 look and we should be aiming for something more contemporary if we want this to become a key visual tool to aid the club in our more strategic aims.

I think we should also tweak with the river as to reflect the greater significance of the Irwell through Manchesters history.

It just saddens me that professionals could have missed such obvious things and left us with a badge more suited to the last decade than this.

I fucking hate the fucking red rose and the fucking red petals loving it over the blue badge. Fuck Lancs.

It should say Football Club, and avoid being accommodating to the illiterate masses that call it sawccer.

So please please let me let me get @GeekinGav design.

Last edited:
Anyone with an eye to design and contemporary branding can see it is a very dated shade of white. It would have served the club far better to have had a hogs bristle shade to Accentuate the letters so they explode out from the badge a little more.

I think also the font shows a very 2011 look and we should be aiming for something more contemporary if we want this to become a key visual tool to aid the club in our more strategic aims.

I think we should also tweak with the river as to reflect the greater significance of the Irwell through Manchesters history.

It just saddens me that professionals could have missed such obvious things and left us with a badge more suited to the last decade than this.

The most valid argument ever in the history of BlueMoon Forum. Close it down. No one can top that.
Will you pay for my dry-cleaning bill? One urinated one's self (too much Queen's speech?).
In all seriousness, that made me belly laugh in a grim hungover state

I fucking hate the fucking red rose and the fucking red petals loving it over the blue badge. Fuck Lancs.

It should say Football Club, and avoid being accommodating to the illiterate masses that call it sawccer.

So please please let me let me get @GeekinGav design.

Agree with the badge needing some relation to the actual sport of Football on it.

But the Lancs Rose is very significant (it appears on the manchester coat of arms ffs)

Doesn't matter how many times they would redesign it, can never make every single City supporter happy.
I'd take Gav's designs over the new badge any day of the week but the thousands of Blues who aren't on Bluemoon may hate his design.
Swings and roundabouts.

Im going to have to get a copy of the new club badge ASAP ... Every time I buy a nice winter coat I get one and sew it on. It's a tradition I'd like to continue.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.