Club hunt for youtube heroes

Re: Cub hunt for youtube heroes

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
bluevengence said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Then have their season tickets confiscated and banned for running on the pitch.

Haha....that did cross my mind

Precisely.

I don't get the 'hero' thing at all. Particularly as the club had specifically asked fans beforehand NOT to run on to the pitch and then announced over the PA that if it wasn't cleared there would be no trophy presentation.

They weren't heroes to the thousands of fans who at the time were shouting at them to get off the pitch.

I was one of those thousands and did not consider them 'heroes'!! I could understand the euphoria but everyone wanted to see the trophy presentation.

A hero: person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities

Don't really think, apart from the older person who had been supporting for 75 years or whatever, that any of the people on those clips has any of the attributes mentioned there.

Most of those kind of you tube videos are just made up after the event anyway. I find it hard to believe that anyone sits there for 90 minutes recording the game on the off chance of catching ‘that moment’

Don’t see either why these people get special treatment, I’ve spent thousands over the years watching City home and away and done it all in the good times and bad. There are also thousands of others who have done the same and more yet none of us are being invited for a VIP day out at the ground.

Well done to those who are featured and get to go but I can just picture the last game of this season should we be in a similar position where the ground will be empty with all us ‘fans’ choosing to stay home and to go for our moment of you tube fame and our chance to be recognised as ‘Heroes’ by the powers within City. Unless of course City somehow sort out there telecommunications issues around the ground on match days then I will happily live out my oscar winning performance in the ground rather than infront of my telly ;)

some1 said that the 1st clip with the3 lads aint city fans but wanted city to win as they hate utd

didsburyblu said:
Most of those kind of you tube videos are just made up after the event anyway. I find it hard to believe that anyone sits there for 90 minutes recording the game on the off chance of catching ‘that moment’

Don’t see either why these people get special treatment, I’ve spent thousands over the years watching City home and away and done it all in the good times and bad. There are also thousands of others who have done the same and more yet none of us are being invited for a VIP day out at the ground.

Well done to those who are featured and get to go but I can just picture the last game of this season should we be in a similar position where the ground will be empty with all us ‘fans’ choosing to stay home and to go for our moment of you tube fame and our chance to be recognised as ‘Heroes’ by the powers within City. Unless of course City somehow sort out there telecommunications issues around the ground on match days then I will happily live out my oscar winning performance in the ground rather than infront of my telly ;)

You fucking miserable bastard. You've just posted exactly what I was thinking and I also was one of the thousands at the stadium waiting for the pitch invaders to fuck off

didsburyblu said:

I don't. Pretty easy to record things these days, if you were in a room and saw someone getting so nervous/irate over it s.ome people might be tempted to record it, think there was one of a rag I know on my facebook

bluestevei said:
some1 said that the 1st clip with the3 lads aint city fans but wanted city to win as they hate utd

Wouldn't surprise me, there were a lot of vids of non-city fans who just hate united

I thought the pitch invasion was brilliant by the way. Didn't take them long to get off after people had had enough and wanted them off. Stop being sad twats

Re: Cub hunt for youtube heroes

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
bluevengence said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Then have their season tickets confiscated and banned for running on the pitch.

Haha....that did cross my mind

Precisely.

I don't get the 'hero' thing at all. Particularly as the club had specifically asked fans beforehand NOT to run on to the pitch and then announced over the PA that if it wasn't cleared there would be no trophy presentation.

They weren't heroes to the thousands of fans who at the time were shouting at them to get off the pitch.
Completely agree the Club asked for people not to encroach onto the Pitch, then call the perpertrators hero's ? That will really stop fans doing it again !

"Heroes"?

Good luck to them all and I hope they have a great day, especially the old geezers who've obviously been going years through thick and thin. But surely the fact that they've already been immortalised by having a camera pointing at them at one of the greatest moments in the club's history is possibly reward enough...?

Bizarre. I can think of better examples of fan heroism to celebrate/reward but I suppose if there's no youtube evidence then I guess it never happened!

Hey kids. Want to know how to become a hero in the 21st century: Get your mug on youtube.

Sorry City. I've loved everything about the last few years but this is a bit shit imho. What if one of the lads who were watching on telly isn't even a City fan and might just have had a load of money on that result or a particular hatred of man united..? We've heard numerous stories of fans of other clubs going mental when Aguero scored. What if it's one of them? Are they "heroes"?

Like I say I've nothing at all against these people and it isn't even jealousy, because I'm quite happy being in my normal place in the stadium and wouldn't really want that attention on me, and tbf, I'm no "hero".

E.O.R.

Alice yarwood the new celebrity city fan by the looks of it!!!!

Personally just think its a bit of fun by the club.........long may it last

As long as they get the wee nipper along .. the one who did the Aguero with his shirt off while his rag dad cried... he was the best

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.