Club legends

Certainly there are several that legends in the making, but to label them legends (in the same breath as the holy trinity) now is a bit premature, in my opinion. When they have the same number of medals in their bottom drawers (oo-err missus), then they will have earned the tag. But certainly, of the current crop, there are a few that are a good way down that road, in the manner of their performances and the way they represent themselves and the club. Joe, VK, the Zabster, Kun (''the goal'') and Yaya.

Hart; Top clean sheet for two seasons
Kompany: Title winning Mon Capitan
Zabba: FA Cup Semi and Goal against QPR
Silva: Real Gravy
Aqueroooooooooooooooooooooo

others are close and cud join soon

PeterPanBlue said:
Hart; Top clean sheet for two seasons
Kompany: Title winning Mon Capitan
Zabba: FA Cup Semi and Goal against QPR
Silva: Real Gravy
Aqueroooooooooooooooooooooo

others are close and cud join soon

I would have thought that all of the players who won an FA Cup winner's medal last season are well on their way to becoming legends.

After all, there haven't been that many in our history who have done so (yet).

none yet. We have maybe 20 in our history that most City fans could name a majority of. 4/5 years has to be the minimum time, IMO ;)

FeedTheGoat10 said:
I'm sure many will go on to be mentioned in the same breath as Bell, Lee, Summerbee etc but would you say any of the current players are already worthy of that title?

I'd argue that unless they do something to end on really bad terms, Kompany and Aguero already are.

My all time legend is Book - had the great pleasure of meeting him and got my piccy with him (And Bell) when i went to the Newcastle game this year - was almost in tears just something about the bloke dont know why

The most emotional bit of the day for me was when Buzzer and Book carried out the prem and i had the "boys on Blue" which is THE best City song for me at least going through my head

Who can match him dont know Vinny is the only one as he is the only one i can see that in 10 years time he will still be here

Im positive kompany will soon be up there with summerbee, lee and berti.

Fantastic player and he never wants to leave us!!

For me it takes years of commitment to the same club to become a legend so nobody just yet but plenty of our current squad have it in them to become legends in the not too distant future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.