Club statement regarding Barry Bennell's conviction

I guess so. All ours care about are the punctuality rather than the veracity of accounts being filed. HMRC (within which corporation tax is collected and enforced) are a little more concerned about both!

Companies House are a repository for statutory forms. They have neither the legal duty nor the infrastructure to check documents filed. Consequently, companies can, and frequently do, file any old shit. Rely on information filed at Companies House at your peril.

This sadly has got an operation Yew Tree feel about it , it makes you feel sick and football just doesn’t feel important right now. One thing is for certain there are going to be many more stories to surface now it’s apparent people will be believed when coming forward and naming names. EVERY club in England will be dreading the next few months, if it can scandalise the BBC then this type of crime is even more likely to happen at a football club where procedures would have undoubtedly been a lot less strict than at an establishment like the BBC.

Shocking isn’t the word , this is a scandal of epic proportions.

I hope that other supporters have enough dignity not to resort to jibes about this but I'm not totally confident that we will never hear something.
Cardiff had to put up with aberfan chants from many clubs back in the day so doubt that the fact it's kids would make any difference.

The maximum sentence for rape is life, but I don’t think the Judge has the power to impose life without the possibility of parole for anything other than a limited number of types of murder. It’s a moot point, as it's doubtful he will ever be released. By all accounts he’s not at all well. It’s extremely unusual for a defendant to be allowed to ‘attend’ their trial via videolink. Given the profile of the case, it’s doubtful this would have happened without some fairly forceful explanatory medical evidence.

I'm obviously not a legal expert. I think issuing sentences without parole might be a US thing? However, he must never be allowed out and, given his health, I suspect you are right about his chances.

I tend to agree, BTW, with your earlier point about loss of innocence but in many ways that might be a topic for its own thread.

With Swales at the helm? Really?

There's part of the problem from City's end: Swales was in charge and as such mistakes being made on any matter would not be a surprise.

The bottom line here (no puns intended) is that a whole host of people made errors of judgment and that, sadly, includes parents of lads that were victims. The people that need to be rooted out are those, if any, that knowingly colluded with or covered up for Bennell.

I'm obviously not a legal expert. I think issuing sentences without parole might be a US thing? However, he must never be allowed out and, given his health, I suspect you are right about his chances.

I tend to agree, BTW, with your earlier point about loss of innocence but in many ways that might be a topic for its own thread.
They are not restricted to the States, but are unusual in this jurisdiction. According to the MoJ only 63 prisoners alive today are subject to such a sentence: comprised of mass-murderers, child-killers and the odd terrorist. I expect you could name a few of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.