Clubbing in Manchester, early 80's

stonerblue said:
Gaudino said:
Being into Rock/Indie, didn't go to 'trendies' clubs too often, was more Phoenix, Swinging Sporran, Henrys/Banshee, Conti, Jillys and the like.

Did Pips now and then in Punk days , and later had workmates that would drag me to likes of Brahms and Liszt, Tropicana, and Rotters (via bars like Horts, (original) Brannigans and suchlike, where for a strange reason, having long blonde hair with me suit and tie, as opposed to all the wedges and trendy cuts got me more women than the rock clubs...?? Go figure...

'Horts' rings a bell in the back of my head. Where was it?

was it a bar in st anne's square?

tonea2003 said:
stonerblue said:
'Horts' rings a bell in the back of my head. Where was it?

was it a bar in st anne's square?[/quote

Yeah, Horts and Ronnies were upstairs/downstairs bars in St Anne's Sq. Where the MacDonalds is now. All chrome and smoked glass, lol.
Also, what was the huge bar that opened behind Kendals in 80's?

Gaudino said:

was it a bar in st anne's square?[/quote

Yeah, Horts and Ronnies were upstairs/downstairs bars in St Anne's Sq. Where the MacDonalds is now. All chrome and smoked glass, lol.
Also, what was the huge bar that opened behind Kendals in 80's?

Oh yeah, got it now. Was one of the new fangled 'wine bars' that didn't serve pints

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.