Clubs furloughing staff

I'd start with MPs, then the top layers of the BBC, hedge fund managers, and as far as footy is concerned, we need go no further than owners, chairmen, and sponsors. I await an article from the RDAHMeedya suggesting those well-heeled 'rats' who support City should be dipping into their reserves!

My issue with clubs furloughing some staff, who they are saying there is no work for them to do (presume that's the reason as otherwise should be paid by club) is that why are they not doing it for the players, as clearly they have no work to do at the moment either. Different rules for different employees
Furlough pay is limited to £2500 per month. A lot of players would be on that a day never mind a month

My issue with clubs furloughing some staff, who they are saying there is no work for them to do (presume that's the reason as otherwise should be paid by club) is that why are they not doing it for the players, as clearly they have no work to do at the moment either. Different rules for different employees
Footballers are subject to different rules. Their wages are legally protected.

sorry but all rules seem to be off the table now-as can be seen by a possible extension to the season

It’s not a question of rules. It’s a question of law. Player contracts are legally binding. Clubs can’t unilaterally decide to cut footballers’ pay. To do so would be a breach of contract. It’s the players themselves who have to volunteer to take pay cuts.

And that’s what they will do. Eventually.

As for the clubs furloughing staff, that’s utterly shameful, a blatant abuse of the system and if you had to name a club likely to do it before it happened, Levy’s Tottenham and Ashley’s Newcastle would have been 1 and 2 on nearly everybody’s list. When all this is eventually over with and we return to some semblance of normality I hope the world doesn’t forget what they’ve done.

How is it a blatant abuse of the system?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.