Club's "traditional" away kit colour's

law74

Just seen a clip of QPR scoring wearing a red and black hooped shirt, and was thinking of clubs "traditional" away kit's...
City - maroon
WBA yellow and green stripes
Arsenal Yellow and navy
Liverpool and Leeds yellow
Many more you can think of, or am I guilty of "recency bias"?

Just seen a clip of QPR scoring wearing a red and black hooped shirt, and was thinking of clubs "traditional" away kit's...
City - maroon
Arsenal Yellow and navy

In 20 years time when people rewatch the games being played now most wont have a clue who's playing because away shirts are legion and they've killed the traditional colours.

City - maroon
Arsenal Yellow and navy
Leicester - Red and black
Everton - Yellow and blue
Scum/Forest - white and black

City - maroon
Arsenal Yellow and navy
I hate to demonstrate some dipper knowledge, but their yellow away kit came about in the 80s. Their traditional one is white and black.

City - maroon
Arsenal Yellow and navy

Depends how far you’re going back with ‘traditional’ but in my days, 70s - present, I’d say red and black would be what I’d consider City’s traditional away shirt, rather than maroon.

I think it might of been metioned before, 1910's or so, rags and dippers wanted everyone to wear red for home and white for away.
Despite the tory Scouse initially playing in Blue and White halved shirts...
Depends how far you’re going back with ‘traditional’ but in my days, 70s - present, I’d say red and black would be what I’d consider City’s traditional away shirt, rather than maroon.
Two of our first three FA Cups were won wearing maroon shirts and white shorts, iirc it was only Malcolm Allison who brought in the red and black stripes

I was going to post the same thing. Those of a less FOC persuasion would probably go with red and black stripes as our traditional away kit. I was born in 1962, and I have no recollection of maroon being our away kit when I started going in the seventies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.