Cole Palmer

No. He would not have commanded a first team place nor would he have made it at City. Fair play to him, he saw that.

There's a lot of comparison to Doku (reasonably so), but if Palmer were here, it'd be Foden and Bernardo as his main competition.

Palmer might turn out to be incredible, but I don't think it could be considered a clanger unless he goes on to heights greater than those other two. If he does, then I say fair play to him more than anything.

Everyone comparing him to Doku, which I think is evidently wrong. We’ve effectively swapped him for Nunes, and I think it’s plain to see which one looks the more effective player so far. Gundo went, Kev injured. We could have offered him a lot more game time in the middle of the pitch where he has shown in a matter of months, is clearly his best position. Conclusion, seems like an error to me.

Everyone comparing him to Doku, which I think is evidently wrong. We’ve effectively swapped him for Nunes, and I think it’s plain to see which one looks the more effective player so far. Gundo went, Kev injured. We could have offered him a lot more game time in the middle of the pitch where he has shown in a matter of months, is clearly his best position. Conclusion, seems like an error to me.
Isn't the real comparison to be made with Foden though ? Promising though Cole looks it's hard to see him ever reaching Phil's level and given the similarities in their games surely it made sense to sell the lesser player particularly given the transfer fee.

I agree.

Haven't read any of this thread apart from this last page and if we are comparing starts at their respective new clubs, Doku is ten times the player Palmer is.

£45m for a player who wanted to leave represented good business. If the worlds best coach had wanted to keep him then I reckon he’d have tried a lot harder

£45m for a player who wanted to leave represented good business. If the worlds best coach had wanted to keep him then I reckon he’d have tried a lot harder

It was a very good price for us as Chelsea were gambling on potential. He has all the attributes to be a great player but whether that will happen is another matter. He's been decent for Chelsea and I'd have him in the middle here over Nunez at the moment. Hopefully Nunez comes up to speed soon and proves a good buy.

He basically came out and said that he'd be on his way if we signed Doku, so not that wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.