Come on Jo knockers lets be having you!!

etgoev.jpg

I don't think people are giving him enough credit for what he did yesterday. He was:
- Tracking back
- Held the ball up very well
- Played well as a "target" man giving us an outlet from Hart
- Allowed Tevez to drop deep while maintaining the threat high up the pitch
- Gave the ball away only once or twice.
- His movement off the ball was very good.

He was almost playing the role of a fake striker (if it exists?).

GaudinoMotors said:
Well done - see you've all found someone to put down and something to moan about.
Incisive comments like "he's Shite" "no world beater" "waste of money"
Hooray for Jo !!!

Erm, but he is Shite! One half decent game doesnt make him a world beater all of a sudden or does it. So because he decided to put a shift in he's now great? It's laughable in all honesty, ok well done for yesterday Jo but where have you been any other time you have been on the pitch? (Pre season doesnt count by the way).

not my fault! said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Well done - see you've all found someone to put down and something to moan about.
Incisive comments like "he's Shite" "no world beater" "waste of money"
Hooray for Jo !!!

Erm, but he is Shite! One half decent game doesnt make him a world beater all of a sudden or does it. So because he decided to put a shift in he's now great? It's laughable in all honesty, ok well done for yesterday Jo but where have you been any other time you have been on the pitch? (Pre season doesnt count by the way).

You miss the point - he is neither shite nor a world beater - but he played well yesterday - what do you suggest ? don't support him or hope he keeps improving?

GaudinoMotors said:
not my fault! said:

You miss the point - he is nether shite nor a world beater - but he played well yesterday - what do you suggest ? don't support him or hope he keeps improving?

Ok hear what you're saying and I agree, he is neither world beater or complete shite. But in fairness we have moved on from average players and he does not fit into our plans, nor is he good enough to be in our starting 11, or even on the bench. I do think he has reached his peak in the UK, look at how he flopped at Everton too!

not my fault! said:
GaudinoMotors said:
You miss the point - he is nether shite nor a world beater - but he played well yesterday - what do you suggest ? don't support him or hope he keeps improving?

Ok hear what you're saying and I agree, he is neither world beater or complete shite. But in fairness we have moved on from average players and he does not fit into our plans, nor is he good enough to be in our starting 11, or even on the bench. I do think he has reached his peak in the UK, look at how he flopped at Everton too!

"Fit into our plans" "average players" - you know what football is full of players who take time to fit in and improve yet who eventually do reach their potential - Jo is only showing signs of improvement this year - if he was going the other way I would think you may have a point.

GaudinoMotors said:
not my fault! said:

"Fit into our plans" "average players" - you know what football is full of players who take time to fit in and improve yet who eventually do reach their potential - Jo is only showing signs of improvement this year - if he was going the other way I would think you may have a point.

I'm sorry but one game in 30 months is gash! Ok he played well yesterday but every average (and yes he is only average at best) player has the odd good game. So are you suggesting he is better than Balo or Ade? Better than RSC? He's way down the pecking order and is only getting a game due to fallings out with the powers that be from those above him and to put him in the shop window. Yesterday as someone else has said he was a 5/10 rated player if the rest were 9/10, what does he bring to the team? Does he run and cover every blade of grass like Tevez or Silva do? Come Jan he will be gone, and I for one wont miss him one bit. In another 30 months people will be saying "Jo who? oh yeh forgot about him". One "ok" game does not make a player or show he is moving in the right direction, Mills scored a stunner once but he was still crap. We will have to agree to dissagree one this one.

Edit: just checked 14 goals in his last 69 games is not a good record! Whats that, a goal every 5.6 games or something? the two loans clubs didnt want him to stay either, again what does that tell you? Dont forget most of those goals were for these loan clubs too, 7 in 35 for Everton and 3 in 15 for Galatasaray leaving 4 in 19 for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.