commentators who cant pronounce players names properly.....

TheMightyQuinn said:
I'm not sure but I was in the pub after the game today and caught Dion Dublin blabbering on about Villa and I'm sure he called Reo Coker 'Reo Cocker' as in Jarvis.

just say it you mean as in cock

The most annoying one for me at the moment is Big Vinny being referred to as Vincent KOM-pany, as in how you'd pronounce dot.com! Its Kompany as in Company for fucks sake! I'm sure these commentators do it just to look like they've studied foreign languages or something! Plebs!

I think it's john motson who actually does quite a bit of researce on every single player involved in games he commentates on. So if Motty says something then it's probably right....that is if it is him, it's definitely one of them.

Yossi Bennynoon is a good one from the twat Pleat.

And as already mentioned, some of us mispronounce Evans name as Ched instead of Chad. Quite embarassing really.

you'll wish you hadn't got me started on this one. being a complete anorak who likes correctness i try to get foreign names right not anglicize them as many people do. as i have babbled on about before i work with nedums dad. and however many times he tells me i still can't pronounce their name right. closest would be on uu oha. berbatov for instance is ber bat ov with emphasis on bat. kinkladza is more correct than kinkladzey as we used to call him. bit like roman abram o vich with emphasis on o not abramavich as we say. better stop boring everyone now before i get on to teams and grounds. er er er no camp not new camp for barca. stairwa bucaresti not shtoya. ok ok i'll leave it at that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.