Commercial mortgages

unsworthblue

commercial finance is much more expensive than your standard mortgage or a buy to let mortgage,surely not a monthly repayment of nearly 3 times as much,anyone an expert please inbox me

It depends on the considered risk of your business. Unlike a normal mortgage where you have a secure job and/or health (age) to continue working, a business mortgage relies on the business to repay the loan. For example, a freehold pub is now a high risk because as we all know, pubs are failing at a very high rate.
Business mortgage rates vary greatly, so well worth shopping around. Your business plan will also have an enormous influence on the rate - so make sure it looks professional..
When I got a mortgage for my first pub, I put forward a business plan with a forecast of a 'worse case scenario' showing that I could still afford the mortgage on expected minimal trade. I did an expected income based on five punters on average in the pub spending £X per hour. The bank manager (it'll be a business manager now) told me that he was impressed but could not allow the loan. He suggested I came back and saw him in two days but to make the 'worse case' figures seven people spending £2X. I did and it got approved!
So the finance world is one big gamble for them and you. Good luck .... and dress smart with a decent haircut ;-)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.