Commonwealth Games - what's the point?

tommyducks

I just don't get this competition. At least the Olympics has the world's best athletes. There is also the athletics world championship.

So someone has the bright idea to have a games without Russia, China, Japan, the USA, South America and the whole of continental Europe? It's taking place in a dirty, unsafe environment and will no doubt be as bobbins as it is costly.

Just out of interest, does anybody actually give a toss or intend to watch any of this?

It is one of the few (if not only) major events in which we can compete as England. For that alone it is worth sleeping in shit, contracting dengue fever, pole vaulting across collapsed bridges to reach the car park and employing eight year olds as media consultants.

Can I just point out that if it wasn't for the Commonwealth games we wouldn't have the COMS ;)

sweynforkbeard said:
It is one of the few (if not only) major events in which we can compete as England. For that alone it is worth sleeping in shit, contracting dengue fever, pole vaulting across collapsed bridges to reach the car park and employing eight year olds as media consultants.

Most of our decent athletes have pulled out anyway. It will be quite interesting to se how it all goes off. I can see a new 100metres world record being set as someones guts start bubbling on the start line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.