Community shield Post match thread

The first people they should be questioning is Wembley as to why Liverpool supporters were allowed in our end blatantly wearing shirts and scarfs when entering the stadium. Given all the security why was this allowed?

I saw a few got told to take off the shirts, others were not necessarily wearing them but cheering whenever Salah got near the ball. I was sat next to a load of what sounded like Russians, who were jumping up and down like nutters whenever Salah had the ball.

The first people they should be questioning is Wembley as to why Liverpool supporters were allowed in our end blatantly wearing shirts and scarfs when entering the stadium. Given all the security why was this allowed?
The first people to be questioned is our ticket office. How did they obtain those tickets?

What’s the story then?
from what i was told by those there. all in the pub with the liverpool fans, no issues. walk down to get the tube. the tube already had liverpool fans on it apparently singing anti city songs. these liverpool fans join in and are blocking doors etc. it wasnt just a random attack that people are making out. not that it makes it any better tho

Fantastic first half, we could have/should have been well clear of them. Second half we were clearly out on our legs, it was really confusing that Pep didn't make changes. I suppose the issue was that we had to get Jesus on so early, but you could see that KDB was fucked from about 60mins on.
Something that really struck me was the out-ball from Rodri into KDB, that completely negated the press from Liverpool in the first half. The tried to press in 3's in the second half and it worked better for them but it was mostly due to our guys running out of gas as there was still loads of space for us to get into. I think Otamendi did really well considering he had only trained for 2 days prior to this game. I was also REALLY impressed with how Stones took the ball into midfield with more purpose and was passing through the lines again. The long term goal will be for him and Rodri to interchange mid-game, they were doing it quite a bit in this game and they both looked really comfortable, some really good signs there.
Big shame that Sane had to come off, he had already skinned TAA 2/3 times before that and i think we would have scored more had he been ok, we don't have anyone that has his direct ability in the squad.

Any more on the Mahrez situation? Heard he was dropped due to fears he might fail a drug test?
Brilliant!

Yeah me and Riyad were taking LSD last week.

Nowt to do with the fact he played in the ACON final on 19th July and only came back to City last Friday?

Wtf was that booing the national anthem all about? Most dippers I bumped into on the way to the match had Irish accents so that might explain part of it. Thick scousers who like to pretend they're scouse not British would explain the rest. I don't normally bother singing it but with those dickheads booing it I decided to sing it as did most blues. If it was us booing it the newspapers would be all over it.
Few problems where I was with people moaning about standing. I thought everyone knew that everyone stood in the lower tier but I think because tickets were more or less available to anyone right from the start there were a lot of people there who wouldn't be there normally. There was a woman kicking off big style in 136 about people standing in front of her.
As for the match, good first half, but a bit rusty in the second. Really pleased that Bravo had a really good performance. I think he'd lost his confidence after that first season but he was excellent yesterday. Few players need to get back to full fitness but no real concerns
Watched Motd when I got back and had to laugh at the pundits who agreed that Klopp would be the happier manager!!

Yes agreed about the national anthem if that was us front page of the tabloids

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.