Community shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're getting the wrong end of the stick. A club doesn't have to win either the PL or the FA Cup to play in the Charity Shield.
If City had won both the PL and the FA Cup then they would play the rags as runners up in the PL.
And as we all know, the rags won sweet fa this year.
And if we played them in the charity shield they'd still win fuck all

I’m always keen to embrace the big occasion, but can never get worked up for these enough to go, save for the one at Villa Park.

I guess it’s a chance for some people with low points etc..to get to Wembley and see City, though.
Spot on. It's bad enough playing the bloody semi's at Wembley without getting fleeced for a glorified friendly(unless you're a rag,then it's a title) In the words of that old guy in Early doors..'I'm stopping at home!'.

With the number of players likely to be on extended World Cup leave this could be a very pricey U-21 game. I've been to the three recent CS games but it's an extra expense that I can do without at the moment.

With the number of players likely to be on extended World Cup leave this could be a very pricey U-21 game. I've been to the three recent CS games but it's an extra expense that I can do without at the moment.

think most of our players will be playing this game as its a week b4 the season kicks off

Nonsense fixture. My son wants to go but my opinion is still never again until they move it away from Wembley. Even the 2-3 last minute loss to the Rags was about as meh as you could get. In fact, they may as well give us 25% of the allocation and the rest to Chelsea.

Nonsense fixture. My son wants to go but my opinion is still never again until they move it away from Wembley. Even the 2-3 last minute loss to the Rags was about as meh as you could get. In fact, they may as well give us 25% of the allocation and the rest to Chelsea.

Chelsea didn’t sell their allocation for the semi final so doubt they will need more for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.