Community shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 arrived just now in the post!
However many we sell, I really hope the atmosphere will be decent! Especially in the pubs before the game. It's going to be about 28 degrees and if we can get on that roundabout I suggest cans from the local shop... singing, chanting. I'll certainly be there very early to make a day of it!

A lot of people go on holiday in early August every year.

Payday is not until next week for many.

Some people don’t agree with the Community Shield being at Wembley.

SC prices have just gone up again - every time that happens it alienates some fans from the club each time and they decide “they aren’t getting anything else from me but my SC money” and they pull out of cup schemes and stop going to away games and games like this (that’s what 47% increases in SC prices in six years does to fans). Some even have to give up their seasoncard as they are priced out, and that’s soul destroying for some fans.

City spend too little time concentrating on local fans and don’t get into lapsed fans who’ve dropped away through disillusionment from the Pearce years or through being priced it over the years. They’re too obsessed with that Irish travel company who ship over Rags and Scousers to sit in the home stands at the Etihad or Tunnel Club and Platinum Boxes and getting fanboys from some backwater town in the US or a place we’ve never heard of in the Philippines who are never going to turn up to a game. I work at a school in Wythenshawe and haven’t seen anyone with a City badge walk through our door for about eight years but they love some no mark from Nigeria or South Korea posting about us on social media.

Also away game travellers are getting fewer and fewer the more the club give of our away allocations to corporates (did someone say 1/5 for most games 1/4 for some games of our away allocations are given to corporates now?) The ones who get tickets from their points are the same old faces every game. What that does is gets people used to not going to games away from the Etihad. The club don’t care about the fans who are in 2500-5000th place in the Loyalty Points scheme (who can hardly ever get away tickets anymore) and this is where it bites the club on the arse as fans just don’t bother anymore and find other things to spend their money on. Will all the corporate nobodies (many of which for away games over the last three years haven’t been City fans and some have been fans of the home club we’re playing against) who get tickets in our away ends up and down the country be turning up to Wembley in August? I bet the row of Liverpool fans in our away end at Anfield or the chunk of Arsenal fans in our away end at the Emirates or the Dresden fans who were supporting Huddersfield in the away end at Huddersfield wont fucking be there at Wembley next week, but the 600 proper City lads who the club lost by placing greater importance on these fucking nobodies in our away ends, won’t be neither because they’ve become disillusioned!

We reap what we sow

I still remember aBout 4 to 5 years ago many none season to key holders like me saying enough is enough when.cat A games went to £50 and all we got from sc holders were get a SC then , all right jack attitude missing the bigger picture .

That was the start of the end , the club don't give a toss if Mick from beswick can't go anymore if one of our day trippers is sat in his seat .

I support city as much as I ever have I just don't do it at the ground . Went a few times last season and to be honest I enjoyed it.more on TV, little to no atmosphere , surrounded by wingers with every miss pass, over priced parking food and drink and 1.5 hrs to get home 7 miles down the road .

Supply and demand , doesn't matter if it sells out in the first day or the last it will sell out

Putting on trains from London to CL games is all you need to know really

My brother and quite a few mates use these trains, along with dozens of other good blues from London. What's your point?

Anyobe know how many tickets City have sold

hard to say by the planner, 10 blocks available, a number looked sold out, no dearer tickets available, but also 7 blocks of the upper tier have never been for sale, which suggest a good few 1000 have been held back

A lot of people go on holiday in early August every year.

Payday is not until next week for many.

Some people don’t agree with the Community Shield being at Wembley.

SC prices have just gone up again - every time that happens it alienates some fans from the club each time and they decide “they aren’t getting anything else from me but my SC money” and they pull out of cup schemes and stop going to away games and games like this (that’s what 47% increases in SC prices in six years does to fans). Some even have to give up their seasoncard as they are priced out, and that’s soul destroying for some fans.

City spend too little time concentrating on local fans and don’t get into lapsed fans who’ve dropped away through disillusionment from the Pearce years or through being priced it over the years. They’re too obsessed with that Irish travel company who ship over Rags and Scousers to sit in the home stands at the Etihad or Tunnel Club and Platinum Boxes and getting fanboys from some backwater town in the US or a place we’ve never heard of in the Philippines who are never going to turn up to a game. I work at a school in Wythenshawe and haven’t seen anyone with a City badge walk through our door for about eight years but they love some no mark from Nigeria or South Korea posting about us on social media.

Also away game travellers are getting fewer and fewer the more the club give of our away allocations to corporates (did someone say 1/5 for most games 1/4 for some games of our away allocations are given to corporates now?) The ones who get tickets from their points are the same old faces every game. What that does is gets people used to not going to games away from the Etihad. The club don’t care about the fans who are in 2500-5000th place in the Loyalty Points scheme (who can hardly ever get away tickets anymore) and this is where it bites the club on the arse as fans just don’t bother anymore and find other things to spend their money on. Will all the corporate nobodies (many of which for away games over the last three years haven’t been City fans and some have been fans of the home club we’re playing against) who get tickets in our away ends up and down the country be turning up to Wembley in August? I bet the row of Liverpool fans in our away end at Anfield or the chunk of Arsenal fans in our away end at the Emirates or the Dresden fans who were supporting Huddersfield in the away end at Huddersfield wont fucking be there at Wembley next week, but the 600 proper City lads who the club lost by placing greater importance on these fucking nobodies in our away ends, won’t be neither because they’ve become disillusioned!

Good post.

On the pitch, we’re one of the best teams in the world and probably the best in English history but off the pitch, we’ve become everything we used to slag United off for.

I am out for beers with some fans of other Clubs and they think it’s funny how much whingeing goes on from our fans. They would love to watch our spectacular football and they’d bite our hands for season cards starting from £300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.