Community Shield

If we do beat Watford, we should give the " Community" Shield a swerve. ( or politely decline to take part, as I believe the Rags did with the FA Cup? during Piss Cans era ) As I recall, it was originally a match to raise money for charities, but I suspect it is now just another event to help the FA pay off their debt for Wembley Stadium. Much better to hold an game at the Etihad with two teams from combined City Women and City Men to raise money for Vinny's Manchester homeless project.
( although, if as we all hope, Spuds win the Chumps League Final that would make Prem Champs v CL champs a good community shield play off {no VAR tho lol} )

Last edited:
Should be like boxing. We (as champions) choose our challengers and venue. We might pick the Etihad for home advantage, Wembley for (so called) prestige, Las Vegas for glitz or whatever but since it is pretty well meaningless these days it may as well become another WWE/boxing type circus.

Maybe the idea of holding it overseas is actually a good one. Foreign money flowing into UK charities , bypassing Wembley and the FA. It also satisfies those that suggested holding a PL match overseas. Lovely jubbly

We all turn up.
The young team
The fans
On the pitch
In the stands
Just like we did against the rags after the semi.
The didn’t dare try any of their shithousery that day.
There were some proper old school faces out and an atmosphere of defiance & revenge.

Are you allowed to take candles into Wembley,maybe we should all sit in silence with our candles lit and have a vigil and we can all live happily ever after ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.