Compaq Presario F700 - no audio output device is installed

mcfc_nick

ive had this laptop for over a year and a half now, about a week ago out of nowhere my sound just stopped working and there is a red cross over the sound icon in the taskbar and when i hover over it it says 'no audio output device is installed'. the sound is now a bit hit and miss, sometimes it will work for a little bit after its been in sleep mode or has been rebooted but the sound cuts out again after a little while. ive tried re-installing the drivers and downloading them again from the website but that doesnt work and have tried a system restore to when it worked before but no change. also the sound part in the device manager has disappeared. does anybody know how to fix this?

mcfc_nick said:
ive had this laptop for over a year and a half now, about a week ago out of nowhere my sound just stopped working and there is a red cross over the sound icon in the taskbar and when i hover over it it says 'no audio output device is installed'. the sound is now a bit hit and miss, sometimes it will work for a little bit after its been in sleep mode or has been rebooted but the sound cuts out again after a little while. ive tried re-installing the drivers and downloading them again from the website but that doesnt work and have tried a system restore to when it worked before but no change. also the sound part in the device manager has disappeared. does anybody know how to fix this?

Sounds the sound card is knackered. Did you buy the laptop from new? If so is it not still in warranty?

If not then I'd try to format your C: drive and reinstall the OS as a last resort

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.