COMS to the Arctic Circle Christies cycle: MADE IT!!

Re: COMS to the Arctic Circle: Charity cycle for Christies

Thank you very much for all the promises to donate so far. Very much appreciated. In reply to bluejase we have a facebook group which you can access by searching "Rich and Thom go cycling" or at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=380595136549&ref=mf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... 549&ref=mf</a>

sunjihai17 said:
Thank you very much for all the promises to donate so far. Very much appreciated. In reply to bluejase we have a facebook group which you can access by searching "Rich and Thom go cycling" or at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=380595136549&ref=mf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... 549&ref=mf</a>

joined mate, will donate on payday. good stuff.

Great idea this, admirable..I'd love to do something like this some time. What route are you taking through Sweden?

I've never been to Tromsö myself but I'd love to go, seems like a really cool place. Either way you'll love the midnight sun, there really is something special about summers in the north.

GoForGlory said:
Great idea this, admirable..I'd love to do something like this some time. What route are you taking through Sweden?

I've never been to Tromsö myself but I'd love to go, seems like a really cool place. Either way you'll love the midnight sun, there really is something special about summers in the north.

We're planning to go through Norway as it is supposed to be more scenic. So the route is from Oslo to Trondheim then all the way up the E6. I know this route is supposed to be very hilly but I think it will be worth it.

I've never understood sponsored charity walks, rides or anything else. I give money to charity by direct debit every month and soemtimes at other times too. Do some people only give if someone does a pointless stunt which must itself cost money which would be better off being sent to charity?

sunjihai17 said:
GoForGlory said:

We're planning to go through Norway as it is supposed to be more scenic. So the route is from Oslo to Trondheim then all the way up the E6. I know this route is supposed to be very hilly but I think it will be worth it.

Aiit, cool. Said you were going through Sweden on site but moving on to Norway would probably be the best route. Should be pretty scenic, yeah...although as you said I reckon it will be quite hilly.

What you guys should do is try and find some local newspapers or tv-stations along the route and pop some emails away telling them what you're doing and when you plan to be in the region. It's a sort of easy story that writes itself that local newspapers love and it could help in raising the money.

Good luck, fella. And to all those doing JOGLE and LEJOG. I did it in 2002! :) I'm 'only' doing Inverness to Stirling this year with the kids. I'd recommend training rides not to be in excess of 25 miles but you must go out every day - just so your arse gets used to it! :)

urmston said:
I've never understood sponsored charity walks, rides or anything else. I give money to charity by direct debit every month and soemtimes at other times too. Do some people only give if someone does a pointless stunt which must itself cost money which would be better off being sent to charity?

Basically I'm going on holiday and my mate wanted to raise some money for charity at the same time! Not such a bad thing is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.