Confederations Cup 2017 Final (sunday)page 75

This. Thoroughly unimpressed with all other than Draxler in the first half.

I'm glad we didn't buy Ter Stegen. I'm sure others will say he's great but he's been dodgy every single time I've seen him. If he did sign and had the season Bravo has just had, we'd probably be more inclined to stick with him as our number one due to his age.

Agree about Draxler excellent player.

This. Thoroughly unimpressed with all other than Draxler in the first half.

I'm glad we didn't buy Ter Stegen. I'm sure others will say he's great but he's been dodgy every single time I've seen him. If he did sign and had the season Bravo has just had, we'd probably be more inclined to stick with him as our number one due to his age.

I hear you. He's not the final product, and I think can improve, yet I see what you are saying.

As for the performance and parking the bus (previous unqouted comment), I think they were under a lot of pressure so they started enabling the tactic.

Yet, it seemed to really be enabled until the yellow card that should have been red, and turned the heat up from Chile (no pun intended) in attack, leaving themselves exposed.

They were in a counter attack set up, but they were tired and seemed nervous. That's why I saw it employed, as we know Low is not that type of manager. He just saw winning at that point more valuable to developing confidence of young players I think for the future of the national team's future, but again, it was at a fairly late juncture in the game, and it isn't exactly like they play that way all of the time.

They very much wish to utilise their talent with attractive football. Go watch the Mexico game and tell me otherwise, or if you would EVER see too many English managers or someone like Mourinho go that route.

They very much wish to utilise their talent with attractive football. Go watch the Mexico game and tell me otherwise, or if you would EVER see too many English managers or someone like Mourinho go that rout

Oh I get that and I get why they set up this way today. You can't argue with the result and I would be happy enough if I was a Germany fan but, as a neutral, it was a really tedious game.

I've not seen the incident. How clear a red was it? Sounds like it was nailed on going off the comments on here. The only reason I'm asking is that at the FSF annual summit at St.George's Park yesterday I attended a workshop about VAR. The guy who presented it was former PL ref Neale Barry who is now head of Senior Referee Development at the FA. VAR is already being trialled in several leagues across the globe, and will be brought in for next season's FA Cup from the 3rd round onwards and he fully expects it to come in for the 2018/19 Premier League season. He highlighted the issues with VAR at the Confed Cup but felt it was down to the VAR not being adequately trained and if these issues can be ironed out and VAR can statistically be proven to overturn the number of clearly wrong decisions then it could be here to stay. Interestingly, when asked if VAR is officially adopted following this trial period and the on-field referee refuses to overturn a decision he has clearly gotten wrong (as appears to be the case tonight), Neale Barry's response was quite blunt - that the referee would be "finished".
A ploy by FIFA to ensure that it went spectacularly wrong enough to put doubt in peoples mind so that they can shit can it as a bad idea and carry on "influencing" the outcome of games as and when they see fit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.