Configuration For The Expansion Of The North Stand - Seating - Standing - Season Ticket & Match Day Ticket Prices

Thanks for this thread. So have the club given any indication of when they will make details known regarding the pricing and availability of tickets in this new stand? Some kind of a timeline would be useful.

No. Like everything it is being kept under wraps and secret by the club. They club will say they aren't ready to release that information yet. There is no indication at all from the club when that information will be released to the fans.

We know that was discussed at the NS-NDA meetings, with Alex and 1894 saying new season tickets will be Flexi-Gold.(unless the club changes it's mind about that in the meantime?)

No. Like everything it is being kept under wraps and secret by the club. They club will say they aren't ready to release that information yet. There is no indication at all from the club when that information will be released to the fans.

We know that was discussed at the NS-NDA meetings, with Alex and 1894 saying new season tickets will be Flexi-Gold.(unless the club changes it's mind about that in the meantime?)
Understood. Thanks for that.

I need to be careful here. :-/

The South stand is full of singers, people who sing every now and again, and people who don't sing at all.

It's impossible to get a large enough group of singers together on SSL1 because people have season tickets and the club rightly won't move those people to get a large enough group of singers together.

The NS expansion, especially NSL2, is the clubs last chance to get a large group of singers together.

It's up to the club to make that happen, and to market a dedicated singing section on NSL2 properly by involving the fans and fan groups in that process. Which I'm not convinced they will.

The crackdown by the club on people, mainly the youth, going into block 115 has had an effect on the current atmosphere.

The club will argue those people shouldn't be in 115 as it was over crowded and the stairs were being blocked.

But what it does show is the demand from the fans to be in 115, which is perceived as the official singing block by the fans.
Regarding the last 3 paragraphs.
In Europe or the Bundesliga at the very least - when safe standing is used the capacity of the stand increases by something like 1/3.
I’m not sure why that’s not happening here as well. With an instant increase in capacity fans could push for cheaper tickets too.

Understood. Thanks for that.
TBH I’m just going off what has been posted and discussed on the North stand thread. Alex and the 1894 representative will know much more detail. Apart from Alex and 1894, and what they have posted so far, I doubt very much we’ll get any further information from the other City Matters reps and the OSC rep, who were also at the NS meetings with the club.

My guess is it’s all done and dusted. The NDA’s are still binding. And the club will release further information as and when they want to do that.

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread. So have the club given any indication of when they will make details known regarding the pricing and availability of tickets in this new stand? Some kind of a timeline would be useful.

In their recent statement, they have said 'during the 24/25 season'. Wooly, but at some point this season.

Nobody relly knew or anticipated when this one would come, so it is a guessing game. Agree a more defined timeline would be helpful. Assuming you accept they can commit to one.

Last edited:

Not quite entirely true, see above.

'kept secret' is your interpretation, it IS possible they are still in flux about it, and things are open to change. And that is a large part of the reasons for NDAs.

Like the addition of 3000 rail seats, from a previous of 0, for example.

Last edited:
I need to be careful here. :-/

The South stand is full of singers, people who sing every now and again, and people who don't sing at all.

It's impossible to get a large enough group of singers together on SSL1 because people have season tickets and the club rightly won't move those people to get a large enough group of singers together.

The NS expansion, especially NSL2, is the clubs last chance to get a large group of singers together.

It's up to the club to make that happen, and to market a dedicated singing section on NSL2 properly by involving the fans and fan groups in that process. Which I'm not convinced they will.

The crackdown by the club on people, mainly the youth, going into block 115 has had an effect on the current atmosphere.

The club will argue those people shouldn't be in 115 as it was over crowded and the stairs were being blocked.

But what it does show is the demand from the fans to be in 115, which is perceived as the official singing block by the fans.

Let's say all that is completely true, and the club go on to blow it for the opening of the stand.

What's to stop them doing this excersise, next season, the one after, or in 5 years time (when we have worked our way back up from non-league).

This 'last chance' narrative, while catchy for the purposes of promoting the fight with the club, is not really complete is it.

It is an issue of how it is occupied and allocated. Which is a very different issue to the south stand, which suffers from being split up by the 3 tier arrangement. If you accept the design itself when built, is flexible enough, which it 100% is, then there will be quite a few last chances.

Of course, in an ideal world they do the prep work now and get it done first time, everyone would want that. But is it really a now or never with this one? Not convinced it is.

We’re going to end up a singing section with a terrible view of the game low behind the goal in SSL1 or another one right at the back of NSL2. They will barely be able to hear each other.

I think I’ll be staying in SSL3. Hopefully move a bit closer to the away fans from where I am now.

Regarding the last 3 paragraphs.
In Europe or the Bundesliga at the very least - when safe standing is used the capacity of the stand increases by something like 1/3.
I’m not sure why that’s not happening here as well. With an instant increase in capacity fans could push for cheaper tickets too.
Because the ground safety authority won't allow it. Rail seating in England is strictly one seat with one standing. There is no potential capacity increase.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.