Configuration For The Expansion Of The North Stand - Seating - Standing - Season Ticket & Match Day Ticket Prices

I see two groups, one who seem determined to slam the club regardless of not having enough solid information yet and the others who are happy to wait and see. Not that there's anything wrong with pushing the club to try and get the best result (whatever that may be), but some of the bile has been nauseating.

Where's this info on 3,000 rail seats come from?

I'm just skipping to the last page of certain threads at the moment so have possibly (probably) missed lots, so apologies if it's something that's been done over previously. I don't think I've even watched highlights of any game this season so far.
The 3000 rail seats are part of the statement the club has put out last week about the NS development with the possibility it could be more if the demand is there. I think that is more than most people would expect tbh.

I started a thread this morning and didn’t realise one had already been separated from the main North Stand thread…

Right, I’ve had a good think about this since the news dropped last week, and instead of worrying about what the new NSL2 might or might not end up being because of the total lack of information from the club, even if we don’t agree with the configuration of it being a bit of a diluted stand to what we wanted, we really have to drive this ourselves as a stand for atmosphere to get people interested.

The club aren’t going to do it. So we need to ourselves.

For anyone in 1894 who does want to make this an atmosphere stand and all those dotted around the ground who also wanted to get involved in the atmosphere in NSL2 (like me), we need to drive this ourselves.

First thing we need to do is push the club for more information:
Where is the standing area?
How much are season tickets going to be?
How much are season tickets going to be for three years?
Can we organise to move and sit/stand with our mates together in the new stand?
How much are individual match tickets going to be?
Can we organise something like Liverpool have where people with an ‘M’ post code or an ‘0161’ area code can buy tickets a week before they go on sale to others (I think that’s a great thing that Liverpool do for their local fans)?
If we generate enough interest (and why shouldn’t we?we get far more than 3,000 stood up behind the goal at Wembley!), how many more can we extend the standing area by?

When we get the answers to these, let’s drive this stand as a new singing section ourselves.

We can’t rely on the club to do it. They don’t understand football fan culture anywhere near enough to get it right themselves. They have never understood our core fanbase in the whole time they’ve been at the club. So we have to do it ourselves.

SSL3 was never designed or advertised as an atmosphere stand, yet in the last three years for big games it’s been the best stand in the ground for atmosphere. If we can drive the new NSL2 ourselves as an atmosphere stand, imagine what we can do.

Last edited:
Good post Supercity.

For the 3000 capacity safe standing section to be expanded if the demand is there, season tickets will have to be sold there first. If the club start selling season tickets in the 5000 seated areas as well, the safe standing section can't be expanded past the initial 3000 seats, as it then goes into the 5000 seated areas, and impacts those seats.

We also don't know if the 3000 safe stands seats are going to be all season tickets, or a mixture of season tickets and match day tickets. If they are a mixture of safe standing season tickets and safe standing match day seats, the club won't know if the safe standing section has sold out until all the safe standing matchday tickets have sold out.

I do apologise. I don't understand how the club can expand the initial 3000 safe standing seats without it impacting on the 5000 normal seats.
The most logical way (that I can think of anyway) is to allow people to express interest in relocating to, or buying tickets in, the safe standing section before the configuration is complete. This would allow them to gauge likely demand prior to settling on final numbers of standing/seating.

Good post Supercity.

For the 3000 capacity safe standing section to be expanded if the demand is there, season tickets will have to be sold there first. If the club start selling season tickets in the 5000 seated areas as well, the safe standing section can't be expanded past the initial 3000 seats, as it then goes into the 5000 seated areas, and impacts those seats.

We also don't know if the 3000 safe stands seats are going to be all season tickets, or a mixture of season tickets and match day tickets. If they are a mixture of safe standing season tickets and safe standing match day seats, the club won't know if the safe standing section has sold out until all the safe standing matchday tickets have sold out.

I do apologise. I don't understand how the club can expand the initial 3000 safe standing seats without it impacting on the 5000 normal seats.

I would hope there are further discussions or some sort of "register your interest" section that enables the club to investigate these things. I don't know why City would say the 3,000 could be increased if they weren't open to that idea - they reference "subject to demand" but you're right in that if they go in as seats when exactly do they meet that demand.

I do believe that if you have 3,000 in that stand making a racket, you'll see plenty of sheep want to join them and the atmosphere will naturally improve year on year. As I said, the issues in the South Stand can't be addressed. It really is too late. But by getting at least 3,000 in there to begin with the platform builds and it's only going to lead to more joining in I anticipate. I can't see many people being happy sat in a raucous home end unless they want to join in and the fact they're sat behind you makes it even more likely you'll move if you want a peaceful existence elsewhere in the ground.

The club is attempting to create an ATMOSPHERE STAND & increase matchday revenue which remains one of the lowest of the 'Euro' clubs in the league.

It's not an easy square to circle.

Can I suggest,with respect to all posters views, that we all wait until the club announces it ticketing/pricing plans before jumping to conclusions.

I imagine they have a fair idea of the preferred options and views.

More light, less heat !!

I started a thread this morning and didn’t realise one had already been separated from the main North Stand thread…

Right, I’ve had a good think about this since the news dropped last week, and instead of worrying about what the new NSL2 might or might not end up being because of the total lack of information from the club, even if we don’t agree with the configuration of it being a bit of a diluted stand to what we wanted, we really have to drive this ourselves as a stand for atmosphere to get people interested.

The club aren’t going to do it. So we need to ourselves.

For anyone in 1894 who does want to make this an atmosphere stand and all those dotted around the ground who also wanted to get involved in the atmosphere in NSL2 (like me), we need to drive this ourselves.

First thing we need to do is push the club for more information:
Where is the standing area?
How much are season tickets going to be?
How much are season tickets going to be for three years?
Can we organise to move and sit/stand with our mates together in the new stand?
How much are individual match tickets going to be?
Can we organise something like Liverpool have where people with an ‘M’ post code or an ‘0161’ area code can buy tickets a week before they go on sale to others (I think that’s a great thing that Liverpool do for their local fans)?
If we generate enough interest (and why shouldn’t we?we get far more than 3,000 stood up behind the goal at Wembley!), how many more can we extend the standing area by?

When we get the answers to these, let’s drive this stand as a new singing section ourselves.

We can’t rely on the club to do it. They don’t understand football fan culture anywhere near enough to get it right themselves. They have never understood our core fanbase in the whole time they’ve been at the club. So we have to do it ourselves.

SSL3 was never designed or advertised as an atmosphere stand, yet in the last three years for big games it’s been the best stand in the ground for atmosphere. If we can drive the new NSL2 ourselves as an atmosphere stand, imagine what we can do.

Round of applause from me on this one. Exactly what I'm alluding to myself. This has some teething issues based on the information we've got. But it doesn't have fundamental logistical issues that cannot be overcome, which is true of the existing situation. Start small, even if it's a few thousand in there to begin and you'll soon see demand grow and grow. And as I've just said, you'll naturally see those who aren't keen to sing and shout all game move elsewhere.

I would hope there are further discussions or some sort of "register your interest" section that enables the club to investigate these things. I don't know why City would say the 3,000 could be increased if they weren't open to that idea - they reference "subject to demand" but you're right in that if they go in as seats when exactly do they meet that demand.

I do believe that if you have 3,000 in that stand making a racket, you'll see plenty of sheep want to join them and the atmosphere will naturally improve year on year. As I said, the issues in the South Stand can't be addressed. It really is too late. But by getting at least 3,000 in there to begin with the platform builds and it's only going to lead to more joining in I anticipate. I can't see many people being happy sat in a raucous home end unless they want to join in and the fact they're sat behind you makes it even more likely you'll move if you want a peaceful existence elsewhere in the ground.

Bingo. That's the very point.

Round of applause from me on this one. Exactly what I'm alluding to myself. This has some teething issues based on the information we've got. But it doesn't have fundamental logistical issues that cannot be overcome, which is true of the existing situation. Start small, even if it's a few thousand in there to begin and you'll soon see demand grow and grow. And as I've just said, you'll naturally see those who aren't keen to sing and shout all game move elsewhere.

As much as there is an issue with the lack of clarity from the club (and there is) there is also the issue that the group that have set their stall from day one and have not budged since. Not when people here offers alternative takes, not when the club consulted them, not when the club made some initial but meaningful concessions. There has been zero open mindedness there, even to trusting intentions of the club, never mind their actions.

So don't take this the wrong way, but it becomes very hard to now see their side here as reasonable.

The club haven't helped by binding them to an NDA, but that also happens to give the very margins to imply exactly what triggers people, without being able to say more.

Guess their call for open engagement with all fans is the one thing I have fully agreed on (and said as much previously for anyone with short memories that thinks I have it in for them). Till then, there is this part in the open part behind closed doors conflict between the club and them and people falling behind what (or who) they want to believe. More than what the NS actually might be.

3,000 isn’t what we wanted, but it’s still a large chunk of the expansion.

If we guess at us being the back of NSL2, it would look like this:

IMG_7649.jpeg

Maybe they’re just being pessimistic and not realising that there could be huge demand.

We get more than 3,000 standing behind the goal at Wembley, so with a big drive from fans, we might get even more than the 3,000 spaces offered.

Imagine if we manage to get 5,000 interested. It would look like this:

IMG_7649.jpeg

Plus more in front who are in seats could easily join in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.