Confirmed - Denis Suarez joins Barca

greasedupdeafguy

City EDS playmaker Denis Suarez has completed his transfer to FC Barcelona.

Signed from Celta Vigo in May 2011, Denis made just two appearances for the Blues in his two years at the club.

A regular for City’s Elite Development Squad over the past couple of seasons, the 19-year old made his first-team debut as a 67th minute substitute in October 2011’s 5-2 win over Wolves in the League Cup.

His only other appearance for City was in the 4-2 defeat to Aston Villa in the third round of last year’s Capital One Cup.

In 2012, Suarez was named City’s Young Player of the Year for his performances at under-21 level and went on to feature in the 2013 pre-season tour matches against Supersport United and AmaZulu FC.

Suarez also took part in last summer’s FIFA under-20 World Cup, helping Spain to the quarter-finals of the competition.

He’s expected to join up with Eusebio Sacristan’s Barcelona B selection for their 2013/14 Segunda División campaign.

Everyone at the club wishes Denis the best of luck in his future career.

Re: Confirmed - Denis Suarez joins Barce

Can't blame him really. He'll develop more at Barça B than he will in our EDS. I've never been overly impressed with him, he's been okay but nowt more really. Not once did I think "Wow! He's good" when I watched him.

Although slightly more attacking players, I've always been more impressed with Lopes and Pozo.

Caveman said:
Can't blame him really. He'll develop more at Barça B than he will in our EDS. I've never been overly impressed with him, he's been okay but nowt more really. Not once did I think "Wow! He's good" when I watched him.

Although slightly more attacking players, I've always been more impressed with Lopes and Pozo.

Pozo and Lopes HAVE to signed to long term deals!

Be interested to see his development over the next few years.

Rumour has it we've inserted a first option to buy him back if barca decide to sell

Strange feelings with this one, don't know if I'm happy that we've gotten a fantastic deal for him, or if I'm gutted we've lost a very talented young player?.

Fanny Fart said:
Be interested to see his development over the next few years.

Rumour has it we've inserted a first option to buy him back if barca decide to sell

We have plus we get 20% of the next sale. It's a very lucrative package considering his contract was up in 12 months. City will get over £8million in total if he's good enough to make just 10 first team appearances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.