Confirmed - Denis Suarez joins Barca

Re: Confirmed - Denis Suarez joins Barce

LoveCity said:
Fanny Fart said:
Be interested to see his development over the next few years.

Rumour has it we've inserted a first option to buy him back if barca decide to sell

We have plus we get 20% of the next sale. It's a very lucrative package considering his contract was up in 12 months. City will get over £8million in total if he's good enough to make just 10 first team appearances.
We get money for each 10 games he plays for them. He would need to play 70 or 80 times for us to get the full whack

Think its a shame that we couldn't hang on to him, thought we would get more
game time this season under Pellers, we need to get someone through from the EDS
soon or we will have a hell of a job signing young players in the future.

I watched Denis a number of times at EDS level last season. Most of the time I was disappointed with his contribution; Denis would often try to do a little too much or would try an overly ambitious pass and both would often lead to the team losing possession. He would also let his frustration show and his head would drop and his arms would flail. Despite my disappointment, Denis is clearly a major talent. He showed this at the back end of last season with a much greater contribution to both the team and his goal tally. His performances for Spain over the summer also demonstrate his prodigious talent as does the fact that he has now been poached by Barcelona.

Sometimes, it just doesn't work out for player at a club or in a new Country. If Denis is unhappy, we are right to let him go while making the most of any future selling fees. From what I have seen, players like Ntcham, Lopes and Pozo have at least the same talent and they have a couple of years on Denis too. I wish Suarez all the best in his future career.

At 19 it's a great move for him , although he'll have to pull out all the stops to make it there ......

don't really think he was ever really gonna impress THAT MUCH here , not enough to hold down a regular first team place anyway in the short term ..... whenever i've seen him he's been okay , just okay.

I think he will go on to have a really good career. Barcelona is a really good environment to develop attacking players. At this point he wouldn't get in the first team at city as we are beginning to establish ourselves as a top club. We don't have the luxury of consistently introducing young players in the team during big games like barca.

Good luck Denis. I'm sure we will see you in the future.

davymcfc said:
I think he will go on to have a really good career. Barcelona is a really good environment to develop attacking players. At this point he wouldn't get in the first team at city as we are beginning to establish ourselves as a top club. We don't have the luxury of consistently introducing young players in the team during big games like barca.

Good luck Denis. I'm sure we will see you in the future.

If he was a distance from our first team he will be a million miles from barcas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.