Confused about 2 job offers, help

roy.or.r

So I have 2 job offers in hand and I have been really confused on which one I should go for. I will talk a bit about my current job and then will go into the offers I have.

Currently I work for a Municipal Utility in Minneapolis. It's a normal 9 to 6 job with lot of flexibility (although my current job absolutely doesn't like us working from home). I am an Electrical Engineer here and most days everything is fairly normal and stress-free. However, the office politics sucks and almost all of our board members and staff are very conservatives with no forward thinking at all. Not surprised since they are all Trumpites.

I have one job offer in Minneapolis with a nice pay raise and it's very similar to my current job. Normal 9 to 5, with good benefits and flexibility. The only downside to this is since it's a small company, I don't actually see a lot of growth for me here.

The other job offer I have is from an actually very big energy utility in San Diego, a place I would love to live. But here is the problem. It's a shift job, where I will be working on both day and night shifts alternatively. The base salary for this offer is a bit less than the one in Minneapolis but the performance bonuses are huge here. Additionally, I do see a lot of growth for me here with tons of new things to learn. However, I have never worked shift jobs before and I don't know if I would actually be able to handle it.

Any suggestions Blues? Is anyone here working on shift jobs? Any pros and cons?

Cheers!!

So I have 2 job offers in hand and I have been really confused on which one I should go for. I will talk a bit about my current job and then will go into the offers I have.

Currently I work for a Municipal Utility in Minneapolis. It's a normal 9 to 6 job with lot of flexibility (although my current job absolutely doesn't like us working from home). I am an Electrical Engineer here and most days everything is fairly normal and stress-free. However, the office politics sucks and almost all of our board members and staff are very conservatives with no forward thinking at all. Not surprised since they are all Trumpites.

I have one job offer in Minneapolis with a nice pay raise and it's very similar to my current job. Normal 9 to 5, with good benefits and flexibility. The only downside to this is since it's a small company, I don't actually see a lot of growth for me here.

The other job offer I have is from an actually very big energy utility in San Diego, a place I would love to live. But here is the problem. It's a shift job, where I will be working on both day and night shifts alternatively. The base salary for this offer is a bit less than the one in Minneapolis but the performance bonuses are huge here. Additionally, I do see a lot of growth for me here with tons of new things to learn. However, I have never worked shift jobs before and I don't know if I would actually be able to handle it.

Any suggestions Blues? Is anyone here working on shift jobs? Any pros and cons?

Cheers!!
Just go for the one that would make you the happiest, which I suspect (from what you have written), would be the one in San Diego.

Over here no one cares about peoples political choices at work. You don't ask.

"Hey John, Who do you support?"
"Football?"
"No political party?"
"Don't be a nosy ****."

Sounds like you like your current job so why switch?
Because I have heard some inappropriate comments about my skin colour. But I don't want to delve deeper into that here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.