Contracted out pensions scheme ( COPE)

I used the link I posted above, was a couple of years ago now but it worked well. My pension provider at the time no longer exists, but my pension rights were transferred to another company who found it and provided all the details. It was surprisingly straightforward

Yeah the more straightforward way is if you know the company or pension provider.

On the webpage, in the search option type "pension"

I've now done it, but I need to create a government gateway account - which I'll do tomorrow.

To the OP @Mancityphilfo2000 - I'm sure I have a couple of pensions I'm unable to trace......will it assist with this??
Yes mate ring the number quoted you just need national insurance number 0300 200 3500

I retired 13 years early…
And I still couldn’t improve my state pension by making extra payments of NI
rules changed in 2016 didn't they? If you retire after then and can get 35 years contribution then its full state pension irrespective of whether you contracted out. Each year under 35 costs you about 6 quid a week from memory

rules changed in 2016 didn't they? If you retire after then and can get 35 years contribution then its full state pension irrespective of whether you contracted out. Each year under 35 costs you about 6 quid a week from memory
£17.45 a week for class 3 contributions, over £900 a year. Still a no brainer.
An even bigger bargain for anyone abroad is you can buy class 2 for about £175 a year which goes to a full pension.

I contracted out of Serps in the very early 90's, I knew it was invested somewhere but had lost track of it.

About 18 months ago i decided to track it down and found I had over £90k sat there.

Needless to say my retirement plans have been re thought.
Wow amazing that i did one for my workmate and he did one for his partner over hundred and odd grand in lost pensions they had no clue about.apparently theres billions in lost pensions still to be claimed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.