Cook and transfers...

Cityfan-Denmark said:
I was just reading the Daily Mails version of the story about the lunch between Cook and Gallagher and it I felt that the Daily Mail attacked Cook pretty harsh, saying he spilt the beans once again, and that he put his foot in it once again.

It goes on to mention the "three" former Cook-ups that he has made:

1) saying that Milan bottled it

2) saying we would be better than United financially

3) the way he handled the replacement of Mark Hughes.

Am I the only one thinking, that only the last one should be regarded as a f...k-up? I mean statement number two is not any different from any comments that Bacon Face or Whinnie the Pooh ('arry) could come up with?

They want us to fail therefore they would like Cooky to fall on his arse.

Ignore the nobheads.

To be honest I am not a massive fan of cook. Don't think he came across well in the interview after hughes was sacked. Considering his time spent with Nike I thought he would have beebn a more powerful figure - came across bit weak
(Nothing to do with the Hughes sacking btw).

saying that Milan bottled it ... Cooky was right

saying we would be better than United financially ... Cooky is right

the way he handled the replacement of Mark Hughes ... don't really care

So all in all, the Daily Mail spout shit once again!!

THIS

Find it funny people go one about how Mark Hughes was treated. It must be so hard for him getting an £8 million pay off and putting his feet up for 2 seasons. Heart bleeds for him.

With what he was given he did a shit job FACT.

Why would Cook tell Gallagher about private multi million pound business deals? This is embarrassing in a long line of embarrassing gaffes.

Nijinski said:
Why would Cook tell Gallagher about private multi million pound business deals? This is embarrassing in a long line of embarrassing gaffes.
Because hes'e a kn*b he wants to keep his mouth shut and get on with the job hes'e payed to do and stop saying were gonna buy this player and that player let the talking start on the pitch its us fans who have to put up with this

YCNMIU said:
City fans (and especially posters on this transfer forum) need to have a word with themselves.

What have Cook, Marwood or Khaldoon done wrong ? Nowt.

Cook had a private conversation with someone, said which players we were after and that person has purely said that they were excited by the players that we are after.

Ten times worse - and let me put this in the clearest terms possible - are the needy bellends who post that they know this or that (when, infact, they know nowt).

They are the ones who create the frustration, because I really can't see how any frustration can be caused by someone who has worked this summer via actions (Boateng, Silva, Yaya and the others going on in the background) rather than words (yes, you, Tolmie, Ajay, Alittlemoreeffortade, Corky etc.).

They'll continue to have their needy followers, and that's fine (whatever gets them and the people who hang of their every word/musical link), but these people know n.o.w.t. and their baseless claims should be treated with disdain & ridicule (not Cook).

You have nailed it perfectly!

To be honest, I disliked the way Cook did business before, but after Silva's transfer I decided to hold my piece.
In my opinion what he did in a private conversation is no one's affair. He wrote down names, maybe, because he did not want someone to record his conversation. Who can say?

1 Saying that Milan bottled it was unbelievably crass. City were an unknown quantity as far as the really big European clubs were concerned in that they will not have had experience of dealing with us on a major transfer. His comments will not have made any of them think that we are a good club to do business with.

2 Cook's comments regarding utd were fairly understandable in the context of a meeting with fans. It could be regarded as naive to make those comments in the presence of the media but it wasnt a big deal.

3 The manner of Hughes' sacking was appalling and made me ashamed to be a fan of the club.

4 Writing down a list of potential transfers on a napkin (if that's what happened) in the presence of a fan with a reputation for being a loudmouth is just plain stupid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.