Cook or Soriano?

Pretty constructive responses, good stuff.

In regards to the badge, my belief is that it could be better and more closely reflect our old round crests. All the ingredients are there, but it's like a demo version of a great song. Good starting platform that can be improved to make something great.

Cook gave us Nike. Soriano turned us into a global brand. just have an issue with Cheeky Berigistain and his crappy transfers of defenders.

Cook care about the club image and not shy to act. He did ask Manure to take out the 43 years banner then he put the "welcome to Manchester" to let them know how noisy we can. He did respond to "conspiracy theory" immediately to the media. I am quite sure he will not silence about what ever media has done to us nowadays if he was in office. We used to have official letter to respond to media when they wrote something wrong that is the way he works it is his character.
His time was up because Soriano is the bridge to Pep, the next chapter of the club revolution.

Cook was great for where we were. Extremely ambitious, loud and loved making a splash. Offered silly money to attract players that took us to the "next level" each season (Bellamy/De Jong/Given then Barry/Tevez/Lescott then Silva/Yaya/Milner then Kun/Nasri/Dzeko). Cook also put the foundations down for our success and youth system/academy. However, I disagree that he "cared" about the club any more than Soriano does, not to mention the guy was a walking PR disaster, the whole shitstorm with Nedum's mother left a very sour taste for me.

Soriano is fantastic for what we have now. We are now financially stable and self sufficient, we have the greatest manager in the world, (one of) the best training facilities and academies in the world, a network of clubs and scouts across the globe, an expanded stadium and an anchor in the top four. Not to mention the stature of the club has continued to grow since the time of Cook. Also, I personally think the badge is great, but I guess that's all a matter of taste.

Pretty constructive responses, good stuff.

In regards to the badge, my belief is that it could be better and more closely reflect our old round crests. All the ingredients are there, but it's like a demo version of a great song. Good starting platform that can be improved to make something great.

It's better than the old badge and features all the elements that most fans wanted. No design will be loved by everyone.

People talk about Soriano making us financially stable are talking out of their arses. What has made us self-sufficient is increased revenue from the PL & CL. The only direct impact Soriano has had on our revenue stream is to increase match-day income via more and more corporate places. And that's had a negative impact on the atmosphere, pissed off long-time fans who've been moved to accomodate those places and meant less away game tickets going to real fans, particularly for the most attractive games. The vast majority of our sponsorships come directly or indirectly from Abu Dhabi.

I really don't give that much of a fuck about the badge and even less of a fuck about the CFG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.