cooling fan

Ticket For Schalke said:
one of mine is broke, and when i watch a vid, within 3 mins its turning itself off, how much will it cost to repair, and where?

Same happened to one of mine

PC World fixed it £50 charge for labour and £19 for parts. That included thermocoupler as well

took two weeks

Ticket For Schalke said:
quiet_riot said:
Depends.

Laptop or desktop?

laptop.

The harder of the two, but probably still easy enough to do it yourself. Google the make and model of your laptop and see if you can get spares pretty easily.

Then it's a case of just flipping it over, unscrewing everything and seeing if you can get to a place whereby you can see the fan.

This is assuming it is broken, it could just be clogged? Alternatively, it could be the motherboard which is starting to die, and the power to the fan going is the first sign of that.

Sorry to sound like a **** here but if you think something on your system has failed due to a failure of a fan, I don't think buying a new fan will un melt whatever is fucked

Blootoof said:
Sorry to sound like a **** here but if you think something on your system has failed due to a failure of a fan, I don't think buying a new fan will un melt whatever is fucked

Incorrect usage of a laptop like on soft furnishings will make the fan work its bollox off. It will then not cool the machine down and auto cut offs will try to stop it from frying itself.

ventilation is the first (cheapest) place to look. Would you suggest changing major components first?

So when you turn it on the fan isn't on?

If it is on but it is then dieing then i would grab a hoover and just hold it over the opening. If you can use an air compressor as well to blow the bits out which the hoover can't get.

If that does nothing then as suggested you can get spare parts and try yourself or just try and find a reputable PC shop that won't have your pants down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.