Copying a DVD

jay66uk

I have a DVD that I want to make a backup copy of, purely for my own use, with no intention of breaching copywrite, oh no sirreee. The DVD is copy protected so I can't just do a straight copy.

I have Nero 6.6, a DVD drive and a DVD writer drive. I also have DVD Decrypter. The latter has ripped all the files off the original. I have no clue how to put them onto a blank DVD+/-R in a way that is playable as a DVD. Any clues?

BlackSheep said:
I have a DVD that I want to make a backup copy of, purely for my own use, with no intention of breaching copywrite, oh no sirreee. The DVD is copy protected so I can't just do a straight copy.

I have Nero 6.6, a DVD drive and a DVD writer drive. I also have DVD Decrypter. The latter has ripped all the files off the original. I have no clue how to put them onto a blank DVD+/-R in a way that is playable as a DVD. Any clues?

No sorry. ;-)

mcnil said:
get hold of dvdshrink it works in conjunction with nero, so i am led to believe

good call dvd shrink cracks the copy protection and then copies straight to the dvd as long as you have nero installed so don't remove it or dvd shrink won't have a 'burn engine'.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/DVD-Shrink-Download-4128.html

pick the top download option for the US and give it a go, to use it put in your dvd and click on open disc at the top and let dvd shrink analyse the dvd and crack it

then click backup and make sure it's set to copy to your dvd writer, set your burn speed etc in the options and off you go!

will work fine with any dvd at all as far as i know, never had any problems myself anyway

DVD Shrink works in conjuction with DVD Decrypter, both are the best thing for copying DVD's. It's a matter of starting DVD Shrink, which then rips the DVD and creates an Image, which then DVD Decrypter then puts onto another blank Disk.

So if, as you say, you have already used DVD decrypter to rip the DVD and create an image file...just go back into DVD Decrypter, Mode > ISO > Write. Locate the image and burn.

Done and done. FYI, all DVD Shrin does differently is that it does the whole process in one movement, so it rips the DVD, creates an image, then automatically starts DVD Decrypter and burns the image.

Anything you don't understand give me a yell. I have good ears.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.