corners

I think you'll find we score more than most from corners. And either last season or the season before (maybe even both) we had the HIGHEST number of goals from set pieces.

Corner kicks aren't the stuck on goalscoring opportunity that some fans see them as anyway, they're merely a means of restarting play albeit you're getting a free cross. But it comes at a cost... of course the opposition have time to organise so it's not like a cross in open play where you're breaking quickly.
I read a statistic a while back that showed corners vs goals converted and free kicks vs goals converted... not many goals are scored form corners at all.

And yes, City do comparatively well from corner kicks compared to the rest of the PL teams. But we're a "glass half empty" group of fans, always have been.

Its nothing new mate, whenever we get a decent corner taker I always joke with my dad "we will soon sort that out" for some reason we turn everyone shite at them.

Same with all these blades/studs/moulds or whatever they have on there feet these days, far too many players slipping for seasons now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.