Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear, there is a bit of a trope going round that Asian people live in communes at the moment, as it fits a transmission story that people are using to attempt to make sense of the current covid spike

The average UK house size is about 2.5, South Asian descendent families average about 3.5. It's not drastically more, maybe enough to cause slightly more household transmission, but I suspect it's community and culture as well.
Screenshot_20210617_231303_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
The larger household size as mentioned by @ctwrd is very much based on fact as shown above. What is particularly prominent is the percentage of families with more than 4 people living together.
This, coupled with the lower take up of vaccines amongst the south East Asian community probably leads to a greater prevalence and higher transmission.

BTW this is not meant to be critical of those communities in any way, shape or form, purely just presenting the facts.

Last edited:
my brother is 63 and because he hadnt been to the docs for years they deregistered him but also lost his records and despite trying to reregister they cant find his records so wont jab him.hes rung 119 111 but cant get any help off any of them.he wants it but the incompetence of his docters is staggering

He just needs to go to a walk in

I was referring to the Indian community. Rundown, and Manchester terraced housing vs London suburbia.
youve never been to some of Hounslow or southall then :D

no, but many parts of other major cities have just the same, such as Birmingham, which are just the same terraced areas as those parts of the NW you describe. It's not exclusive, is my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.