Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone should do their bit to protect the NHS though, no? That involves getting the vaccine and not abusing your body

People aren't doing so because they want to be overweight though, it's because it's easy, much more so than maintaining a healthy balanced lifestyle is. Cheaper for the most part too.

If we want to get serious in tackling that issue, wouldn't it make more sense to for instance ban media advertising of fast food, stick calories/saturated fat/sugar content in massive bold letters front and centre of certain packaging akin to "smoking kills" that we see on cigarette boxes, help make healthy eating a cheaper option than it currently is and other such options?

Wow Healdplace posting the latest corona virus statistics really has taken over your life
Wow. Thank you for coming on here to say that because you care.

That is why you posted out of concern for my health I assume?

Though might be worth remembering that women can do more than one thing at a time.

Whilst posting on here I made the dinner, had a long chat with my friend, fed the cats, put next doors bins out for them as she is poorly, spoke to my brother as it is his anniversary, watched Emmerdale and finished off my monthly column for a news stand magazine. And followed the 'thrilling' England match on now.

I think my sanity will remain intact for another day.

- Ban the overweight from restaurants or restrict their calorie intake when there to meals under 600kcal

Or just make chip shop doors really narrow?

Seriously, some people have it grim, taking away the pleasure of a nice (but perhaps unhealthy) meal seems a bit ott.

People aren't doing so because they want to be overweight though, it's because it's easy, much more so than maintaining a healthy balanced lifestyle is. Cheaper for the most part too.

If we want to get serious in tackling that issue, wouldn't it make more sense to for instance ban media advertising of fast food, stick calories/saturated fat/sugar content in massive bold letters front and centre of certain packaging akin to "smoking kills" that we see on cigarette boxes, help make healthy eating a cheaper option than it currently is and other such options?

Sounds like we agree that ppl with co-morbidities should be targeted the same as the vaccine reluctant, but maybe some way to go before we find common ground on how that should be done.

Though might be worth remembering that women can do more than one thing at a time.

Whilst posting on here I made the dinner, had a long chat with my friend, fed the cats, put next doors bins out for them as she is poorly, spoke to my brother as it is his anniversary, watched Emmerdale and finished off my monthly column for a news stand magazine. And followed the 'thrilling' England match on now.

Yeah, but I bet you can't put a Rowntrees fruit pastille in your mouth without chewing it

What an amazing human being I wish I was half as great as you,so caring as well ! I mean the way you keep us all updated with the latest figures is just amazing! Thanks for all you do! What motivates you to do such heroic work?

Don’t agree with most of that. what about people taking personal responsibility they know eating takeaways 5 times a week is bad. And that is rubbish about fast food being cheaper, a lean protein (chicken, 5% fat beef, turkey, smoked bass fillets etc) are under £1 a portion, rice or potato is next to nothing and brocolli, cauliflower and other green veg is about 60p. It’s an easy excuse saying it’s cheaper to eat junk. A curry or Chinese is at least £6 compared to £2.50 for a healthy meal.

What an amazing human being I wish I was half as great as you,so caring as well ! I mean the way you keep us all updated with the latest figures is just amazing! Thanks for all you do! What motivates you to do such heroic work?
Heroic are the nurses and the doctors working non stop to save the lives of the good, the bad, the ugly and even the prawns who pop onto internet forums from time to time to make jibes because they have nothing better to do.

Posting numbers on here is a doddle compared to that kind of heroism. But at least it has a purpose.

Much easier to be an anonymous internet warrior moaning into the ether and hoping to hear an echo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.