Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 'Plan B' is actually brought in, it won't really make any difference to me. I am double vaccinated, I happily wear a mask in crowded areas and I've continued to work from home. It literally wouldn't change anything for me.

I think the media puts out these dramatic headlines to scare us all. But for the vast majority (80%+ adults) it's not a big deal at all. In fact, it's stuff that people with common decency should be doing already.
I don’t think the media do it to scare. They report to provoke the biggest reaction they can for clicks, views and replies.

I take huge issue with Sage and the predictions they make. So far their doom predictions have not even come close to fruition but yet again they come out with a ridiculous number based on everything that could possibly go wrong, going wrong.

If I said to my boss my sales figures for this month are between 0 and 1,000,000 he would say OK, there's the door, thanks for your service. I think the SAGE analysts are unaccountable and covering their own arses, they leave the 0.000001% scenario open so they can say, we warned you and you didn't prepare.

Of course this is golden for the newspapers. They now have the ability to roll out the lazy headlines. NHS on the brink, Cancel Xmas, Lockdown looms, 8k in hospital a day, Deaths to soar etc etc etc. They absolutely love it, the more doors open to doom headlines the better. It still astounds me people read it, why on earth would you start the day with negativity, I ignore it all and feel 100% better.

The reality is we still need to be careful, the vaccine has been a massive success but we still as individuals need to be careful and use common sense. For me if you chose not to get jabbed that's fine, however if that makes you x% more likely to end up in hospital for going to a concert, footie match etc then you are not welcome, you will need to stay away.

I take huge issue with Sage and the predictions they make. So far their doom predictions have not even come close to fruition but yet again they come out with a ridiculous number based on everything that could possibly go wrong, going wrong.

If I said to my boss my sales figures for this month are between 0 and 1,000,000 he would say OK, there's the door, thanks for your service. I think the SAGE analysts are unaccountable and covering their own arses, they leave the 0.000001% scenario open so they can say, we warned you and you didn't prepare.

Of course this is golden for the newspapers. They now have the ability to roll out the lazy headlines. NHS on the brink, Cancel Xmas, Lockdown looms, 8k in hospital a day, Deaths to soar etc etc etc. They absolutely love it, the more doors open to doom headlines the better. It still astounds me people read it, why on earth would you start the day with negativity, I ignore it all and feel 100% better.

The reality is we still need to be careful, the vaccine has been a massive success but we still as individuals need to be careful and use common sense. For me if you chose not to get jabbed that's fine, however if that makes you x% more likely to end up in hospital for going to a concert, footie match etc then you are not welcome, you will need to stay away.
You are full of shit. You don't want to hear certain things so you bash the science.

You are full of shit. You don't want to hear certain things so you bash the science.
You are fucking rude, I bet you didn't even read what I wrote properly and even use an ounce of your brain cells to think about it.

I bash the 'predictions' which are consistently wrong. That is a fact, the doom preached by sage has never happened, especially from a Mr Ferguson who has a worse record at predictions than me in the bookies.

I follow the science, I am jabbed, I wear a mask, I keep my distance, I do a test if I feel rough, I am actually very responsible.. What I don't do is lap up ridiculous numbers from SAGE which never happen and live under my bed which I presume you do.

ZOE APP NEWS

TODAY'S UPDATE

Predicted cases ARE UP for third day running. But only small numbers again.

Today FROM 46, 994 TO 47, 277 TODAY - a rise of 283 DOWN from a rise of 379 yesterday.

It WAS 51, 876 last Wednesday - a FALL of 251.

Ongoing symptomatic cases did still FALL for ninth day running.

But again by a smaller number.

FROM 695, 667 TO 691, 072 TODAY - A fall of 4595 after a fall of 4710 yesterday and falls of 6108, 9353, 7567 and 6297 in previous days.

IT WAS 736, 187 last Wednesday.

You would expect a lag to the change in ongoing cases after a rise or fall in daily case numbers.

You are fucking rude, I bet you didn't even read what I wrote properly and even use an ounce of your brain cells to think about it.

I bash the 'predictions' which are consistently wrong. That is a fact, the doom preached by sage has never happened, especially from a Mr Ferguson who has a worse record at predictions than me in the bookies.

I follow the science, I am jabbed, I wear a mask, I keep my distance, I do a test if I feel rough, I am actually very responsible.. What I don't do is lap up ridiculous numbers from SAGE which never happen and live under my bed which I presume you do.

You follow the science until you don't want to hear it then you bash the science. I know what kind of person you are as soon as you wrote "Doom" Feel free to attack the media. I may have been rude, it's a character flaw but at least im not some guy on the internet telling scientist they know fuck all.

You follow the science until you don't want to hear it then you bash the science. I know what kind of person you are as soon as you wrote "Doom"
You haven't a clue what kind of person I am, you really have no idea at all. If you ever attend a game I will tell you about my life and you will realize what an utter bellend you are.

One thing for sure is I know your type, a narrow minded fool who is not open to debate, different opinions and a different perspective. I pity you.

You haven't a clue what kind of person I am, you really have no idea at all. If you ever attend a game I will tell you about my life and you will realize what an utter bellend you are.

One thing for sure is I know your type, a narrow minded fool who is not open to debate, different opinions and a different perspective. I pity you.
I know you bash science when you don't want to hear it which is the only thing i'm commenting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.