Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctors saying they can't help with more vaccination because they've got to meet contractual targets on stuff like routine blood pressure tests. Targets were abandoned for a year but reintroduced in April.

With all this mask wearing comes in what’s going to happen in pubs etc, we’ve got our Xmas do at the GMEX on Sunday, food and drink flowing, so you don’t have to wear a mask when eating and drinking, I’m assuming when you get up you do, so when everyone hits the dance floor is everyone going to have to be masked, seems to defeat the object of you don’t, can see it getting a bit tasty when they try to enforce it.

6 months wasn’t a safety issue. It was a necessity issue. After 6 months is when the 2nd jab is supposed to start to dip in effectiveness. There was no real point to do it before 6 months but now they want to just get as many people done as possible as fast as possible.

I appear to have been beaten too it :)
The original plan (from manufacturers' research and testing) was to give 2nd jab after a few weeks. It was a political decision to delay 2nd jabs in order to give more people their first jab sooner, on the reasonable grounds that having more people with some protection was better than having better protection sooner for the most vulnerable. Dare I say it? - i think it was Tony Blair who first made that case in public.

With all this mask wearing comes in what’s going to happen in pubs etc, we’ve got our Xmas do at the GMEX on Sunday, food and drink flowing, so you don’t have to wear a mask when eating and drinking, I’m assuming when you get up you do, so when everyone hits the dance floor is everyone going to have to be masked, seems to defeat the object of you don’t, can see it getting a bit tasty when they try to enforce it.
Isn’t the current mask ruling only for supermarkets and public transport?

You can go to a supermarket masked up, hardly in contact with anyone, then go to ‘Spoons, for example, and a mask inset required, despite the fact old Brian is walking around pissed out of his face, coughing and spluttering onto anyone he bumps into.

Doctors saying they can't help with more vaccination because they've got to meet contractual targets on stuff like routine blood pressure tests. Targets were abandoned for a year but reintroduced in April.
My local GP / Primary Care centre has been transformed into a vaccination centre as well
ad doing routine business. It’s clearly doable.

Waiting to see how they handle this. Was waiting to book my booster next week as you couldn't book until 5 months and even then for a day 6 months after your second jab.

Now I wonder if I'll not be able to book because of more people being eligible, unless they are still going to go by age? Otherwise I could find myself waiting even longer than the original six months for my booster?

Also slightly concerned by that I've had 2 dose was of AZ and now it will be another. I know they say it's all fine but makes me a little nervous mixing and matching.
I've had AZ x2 + Pfizer (slight sore arm with AZ, no reaction with Pfizer). There was some argument that mix and match for 1st and 2nd might give benefits from each. No need to worry about it.

I did ask, if I don't have my booster can it go to someone in Africa.

Apologies if already posted. There seems to be quite a lot of talk along these lines. Early days but let's hope it turns out to be the case:

The original plan (from manufacturers' research and testing) was to give 2nd jab after a few weeks. It was a political decision to delay 2nd jabs in order to give more people their first jab sooner, on the reasonable grounds that having more people with some protection was better than having better protection sooner for the most vulnerable. Dare I say it? - i think it was Tony Blair who first made that case in public.

So it was a Public Health decision to spread the doses to keep more people safer, that was taken by the Government (informed by scientific and medical advice).

There’s a danger with people who obsess about politics on here, particularly from the far left and far right. For example, there’s supposed to have been cart loads of dead bodies in the streets of New Zealand for many months but they are on track to have 95% of the population double jabbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.