Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people follow the rules, we will be in a far better place re. Covid by Easter and things can be back to pretty much normal by the Summer.

I agree with what peephole have said about half hearted lockdowns (most people complied in wave 1) and introducing gimmicks like, “Eat Out to Help Out” and “Boris Saves Christmas” were counterproductive. The big difference this time is the vaccine (subject to coping with new variants).

The trial data for the Johnson & Johnson one shot vaccine will be submitted next week and they are 'optimistic' that it is very effective. The MHRA has been doing its evaluation alongside Johnson & Johnson so hopefully approval will be very soon. I posted about an interview I'd read a few weeks ago with one of the main members of the Oxford team and he said it was extremely effective and he was certain it would be approved.

The UK has 30 million doses on order and an option for a further 22 million.

The trial data for the Johnson & Johnson one shot vaccine will be submitted next week and they are 'optimistic' that it is very effective. The MHRA has been doing its evaluation alongside Johnson & Johnson so hopefully approval will be very soon. I posted about an interview I'd read a few weeks ago with one of the main members of the Oxford team and he said it was extremely effective and he was certain it would be approved.

game changer that if its one shot, my worry is those waiting on theor second jab, what happens if supplies run low and the 12 week period passes, do they have to start again?

They also have a manufacturing facility in High Wycombe don't know if this will be produced there though

Me too the problem is I don't think anyone trusts the government anymore so grab anything they can. We will never have zero covid cases or deaths unless the disease miraculously burnt itself out so at some point we are going to have to get on with living. Nobody wants to be home imprisoned forever.
Vaccines change everything. All that remains is to deliver them.

game changer that if its one shot, my worry is those waiting on theor second jab, what happens if supplies run low and the 12 week period passes, do they have to start again?

I don't think that they need to start again.
It's not ideal, but the second one is meant to promote the long term resilience, so if it's a little longer, it is unlikely to be a huge issue.
I'm sure it will be monitored though.

Most of the Oxford / AZ vaccines we need are being produced in Britain and 500K of peole taking the Pfizer vaccine have had both jabs. Availability to complete 2 jabs within 12 weeks would be an issue for a minority, if it turns out to be a problem at all.

The Johnson and Johnson sounds very encouraging for the under 60s. It will, more than likely, be too late for over 60sbin the first round / year of vaccinations.

BBC reporting on AZ's CEO:
EU contract is worded as "best endeavours"; UK contract apparently implies it's for the UK
Some EU-made production was sent to the UK in December, as UK production had some glitches; a matter oflooking for a quid pro quo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.